Author Topic: Boom Boom music in centre of H  (Read 9171 times)

Offline Sleuth

Boom Boom music in centre of H
« on: June 21, 2012, 10:00:05 AM »
Last night in Hisaronu for virtually the first time this season it actually appeared very busy .. at last people are arriving   8) but Hisaronu has to be careful because unfortunately  the centre of H is fast becoming a `mini Marmaris`.The noise volume in H has always been a problem, but now, the noise volume is horrendous from about 9.30pm onwards  >:(  and popular restaurants such as the Suntrap, Bees knees, Robin Hood,Piano Bar, The Whiteman, to name a few, whilst eating in any of them, its impossible almost to hold a conversation... walking between the Harmony Night Club and the Bar rumba  opposite at night is an awful experience. If only the  owners of these  establishments bothered to  look  around them and take note of 90% of the visiting tourists they would observe that the majority are around middle age and upwards, or couples with young kids, who dont want to hear in their faces `boom boom rap rap` at mega volume, all within 100 metres of the village centre  !!!There`s  far too many `dancing on the bar boys` bars...It could force visitors up to the quieter areas of H which would become a good thing as they need the custom ( nice to see the london garden bar was even busy for once last night ) or worse, it could deter visitors from visiting H again next year . There are no Zabita police around any more in H to try to enforce and restrict the noise volume, so now its a `free for all`

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
Re: Boom Boom music in centre of H
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 16:08:05 PM »
This is a real shame as although when we are over on the odd occasion we will venture down to H for a nose around we have noticed that even strolling around it can be almost impossible to hold a conversation and if you do fine somewhere you fancy stopping at you have blaring music coming from all directions so that you cannot clearly hear the tune of any.

I agree with the general "type" of person holidaying in H and cannot for the life of me work out why most of the bars are aiming their attention at such a small section of the visitors there.

If the music was toned down to a reasonable level I feel that they would attract a greater volume of customers.
 We live in hope :(

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 16:27:56 PM »
There`s  far too many `dancing on the bar boys` bars.......
  Oh come on, you can never have too many boys dancing on bars....    ;)  ;D
Having said that, i do totally agree.  We like to mooch around too, love a little gift shop there and enjoy a meal at the Dragonara most visits, but hate to be drowned out by music.  If I want to hear it, I'll chose to go into that particular bar...i don't need to hear it half way down the street .

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 16:36:41 PM »
Pookie, Speak for yourself....boys dancing on Bars not for me thanks but if you see a girl version please post where  ;)  ;)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 17:01:38 PM »
Unfortunately the music in most of the bars is played for the benefit of the staff, not the punters.

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 17:31:57 PM »
absolutely correct KKOB !!!!  Thats it exactly !!

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 17:38:08 PM »
We had 5 holidays there from 2001.  Each year it  got noisier.  Now if we visit H, it is to look in the shops on the way to Kaya.  We never linger for a meal, its not worth it.  The food might be good but who wants to bellow over that racket!  The restaurant owners talk of wanting more "Quality Customers".  These are the customers who will sit and have a 3 course meal (say) with drinks, coffee and maybe a brandy or something after, but what incentive have quality customers go to spend their money there is it involves sitting in Bedlam?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 19:25:56 PM by Rindaloo »

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 19:18:01 PM »
Or even if it involves sitting in Bedlam.  ;D  ;) ;D

Offline carlan

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 00:23:10 AM »
I love the area but Hisaronu is a classic example of 'overkill' in every respect. I still enjoy a stroll round in the day time, looking at the shops and perhaps lunch and I like market day but I will never go anywhere near the place at night, it's like hell on earth! There was a time an overly noisy place got closed down for a day or two as punishment, there was also a clamp down on 'pushy' people outside restaurants at one time. It is sad to see the place as it is now.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 00:32:26 AM »
Was action against "pushy" restaurant people taken in Calis a few years ago.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf