Author Topic: Buying off a builder  (Read 6648 times)

Offline Elegancesue

• Newly Registered
Buying off a builder
« on: July 11, 2012, 08:19:37 AM »
Hi
Would those who have experience of buying in turkey could you advise please
We have seen a property in callis beach a agent took us there he said the property was 89,000 all in with furniture
I looked on the Internet the same place for 76,000?
Iis it best I go out there again in a few months and speak and buy direct from the builder poss end of season to get the best price
Cheaper I hope
Do we have to pay the agent the fees if I decide to go with the agent
I am confused
Can anybody help
Thanks so much

Offline mac2010

Re: Buying off a builder
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 08:39:40 AM »
If the agent is an estate agent I would first tell them what you have found out and give them the chance to do something about the price.If they can not then try and get it direct for the best price but I would highly recommend using an estate agent or a solicitor (not the builders) to broker the deal.Who is the agent? Buying from the builders at the moment seems to be the best for prices as they will not pay commission to the agents some times 10-15% .Good luck..

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 11:44:39 AM »
Having read so many tales of woe I would only buy via dealing with Scunner (or someone with his recommendation like Cenk & Olga), whatever you get at least you know it will be as "problem free" as possible, good luck with your hunt.

Offline steveb1

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 13:48:42 PM »
read the post  "PROPERTY - We went to Court and we won"  then think how much the % you pay to a good agent is good value

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 08:23:47 AM »
Re buying. I have meant to ask this for years. Our agent told us we wouldnt need to pay her a purchase fee as the builder always pays her the commision for selling it. I havent heard anyone else since then say this. We saved money and she negotiated a lower price with the builder than any of the other agents it was on with. It was also a lower price than someone highly recommended on here who wouldnt speak to the builder on our behalf. My question is this has anyone else had their purchase price deducted when first buying?

Offline col

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 13:41:01 PM »
I'm sure many here have purchased direct from the builder, I know of some
and no problems at all. It also seems that most agents in this area are honest,
especially compared to other areas of Turkey. Consider the amount of agents that
were here 5-10 years ago up to now. It seems that the best of them survive.
I'm sure Keith also agrees with this.......it's easy enough for anyone to say buy
from Keith or Cenk, however, it's not as simple as that. Unfortunate to say, not
every agent has every property that is for sale, (if only) and if someone has their heart on
the apt/villa they wish to purchase, more than likely the buyer will go ahead, unless
they hear of exceptional bad reports of the builder/agent. At the end of the day, I
would imagine that most buyers go with what is their No1property, there seems
little point in spending hard earned cash for a second or third choice property just because
certain agents do not have the apt/villa of their dreams for sale.

Offline quackers

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 16:23:59 PM »
Could you not approach a known honest agent to act on your behalf wıth the seller of your preferred property. I am sure any seller would be happy to have an agent do thıs especıally on a resale property. I would buy from a recommended agent rather than a buılder anytıme. Cenk and Keıth especıally as they are very honest .

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 16:36:31 PM »
Well there is merit in what you say Col, that you should buy the property you want and not every agent has every builder's properties. But have you considered that some of us don't sell some developer's projects for a reason? For example, I never sold a single A1 property for them...and I don't list several (currently active) developer's projects either. There is too much on tick, too much overstretching and too much being paid upfront. My philosophy after 10 years is that there is one overall important job to do - to ensure your client gets the property, a tapu, and a tapu that shows them as the outright legal owner of the property. I'm still trying to be as honest as possible - I'd sell a beach hut or telephone box if they came with tapu and habitation certificate (kat mulkiyeti) :D , but I wouldn't sell a mansion if it was currently off plan and to be built by *******  ;)

mercury - yes there were a number of developers who were very good but not great English speakers or found customers difficult to come by - so sold very few properties direct. Because of that they worked out that English speaking agents were a good way to sell their projects. They also believed that a customer charging 3% wasn't the way they liked things done, and agreed to pay extra commission so the client didn't have to pay it.

Of course, that didn't stop several of them agreeing to that and STILL charging the client 3%!!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 16:44:38 PM »
Hi
Would those who have experience of buying in turkey could you advise please
We have seen a property in callis beach a agent took us there he said the property was 89,000 all in with furniture
I looked on the Internet the same place for 76,000?

I'd also like to say that this sounds so dodgy - like someone has added £13,000 to the price for themselves - but it isn't automatically the case. It has happened to me several times in another way - when someone decides to sell, they contact all of us with photos and details, they are very keen. Then somewhere down the line an agent convinces them (or the owner decides) to drop the price and don't put the same effort into contacting us all to tell us the new lower price :(

Assuming this is a direct from builder deal I would ask you to please remember one piece of advice if nothing else: Please be exceptionally wary of developers/builders slashing their prices for you. My experience is that this normally means the bank are knocking heavily on their door.

Good luck with your search - it really isn't as bad as it sounds if you use common sense  :)

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 17:15:13 PM »
It may also be the case as with my last purchase that the builder has given the property to a supplier and he is selling at a lower price.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf