Author Topic: Hairdresser  (Read 6047 times)

Offline hotlips

• Stupid is as stupid does
Re: Hairdresser
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2012, 10:05:11 AM »
Was it the man with very short hair or the man with the pony tail?

I have had both men cut my hair and have been very pleased with the result. I was very nervous about getting mt haircut here the first time and did a lot of research by looking on here, asking around etc. I usually have the man with the pony tail and he always checks each time that he cuts exactly how much I want off etc.

For a cut, blow dry and threading (eyebrows) I have paid 25 lira.

Offline koukla

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2012, 07:45:55 AM »
Hi Hotlips. Yes it was the man with the very short hair. His name was Cihan. I just honestly think he saw me coming as far as charging me goes. As for the rest.....well, I've said it all. I have never in all my 60 odd years been to a hairdresser before where I haven't been allowed to say how I'd like it to be cut!!

Offline Linda

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2012, 08:55:10 AM »
I used to swear by the place but went there recently and had my hair cut by the guy with the pony tail, as Cihan who normally cuts my hair was busy. to say I was not impressed is an understatement and he cut far too much off, so I won't be going back.
The guy who used to work there is now working in the salon a few doors down on the other side of the road .. next to Seker bank. I will use him in future and I also like his wife who does manicures, pedicures and threading. In my opinion AS&C has gone really downhill, it looks very run down and scruffy inside and they are definitely penny pinching and maybe overcharging if koukla's experience is anything to go by!!!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2012, 09:49:54 AM »
Just read on Facebook that a van has arrived and all the furniture is being loaded up, so looks like this shop is closing.

Offline jackstee

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2012, 12:03:19 PM »
That's the one Jackie(My wife) used to go to before some problems. It has been shut for a couple of days now.

We have been going to the "Istanbul" hairdresser. By the cinema on the second floor. Building looks scruffy but can't fault the salon .

15 TL each for cut and blow dry. One of the hair dressers often has to go to Istanbul to do celebs haidressing.

Offline hotlips

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2012, 15:55:04 PM »
The shop is now opposite the dolmus 'end of line' in Fethiye by the mosque and next to the tt shop. It's only the previous owner Cihan  (?) working there now, plus the lady who does threading etc. Seems like the guy with the ponytail is no longer around.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2012, 16:24:35 PM »
Thanks for sharing where Cihan is now Hotlips - very handy as you get off the dolmus.

Offline hotlips

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2012, 16:35:38 PM »
Went in for a haircut today. You have to go to the side of the parade of shops that has the TTnet shop in it (opposite Dolmus end of line) then up the stairs to his salon now as he is above the TTnet shop.

The moves doesn't seem to be troubling him too much as when I arrived for my appointment, he was in the middle of a colour and had a lady waiting and the beautician lady was full for most of the day. He was very apologetic for keeping me waiting, but I was very happy with the end result, so it wasn't a problem.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf