Author Topic: Need help on this one  (Read 4993 times)

Offline micky mouse

Need help on this one
« on: August 08, 2012, 15:12:26 PM »
 I will be returning to turkey this month with my friend and next door neighbour for 42 days,how ever we have already spent 56 days there this year which takes us over the 90/180 day rules of exit/entry so as we had booked some time ago i will have to go to the police station and hope that i can obtain a longer visa.How ever my friend is a new newzelander and under the ansac agreement he does not have to have a visa,my question is can he come and go to turkey when he wishes any time of the year.I have today spent along time on the phone to the turkish embassy and at 60p per minute and after ten minutes gave up as its all a recorded message.On there web site it still states a visa is still 90 days within 90 days £68 pound for a visa on line or £10 on arrival in turkey.This is very confusing indeed and very hard to obtain the right info help!

Offline Marggie

Re: Need help on this one
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 15:55:45 PM »
Reading the following link it would appear that your friend will be subject to the same Visa rules as yourself.  It states that he will not be required to purchase a visa in advance of travel to Turkey but will obtain his Visa at the point of entry to Turkey

http://www.nzembassy.com/turkey/nzers-overseas/living-in-turkey/visa-requirements-for-turkey

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 16:06:43 PM »
Thanks for the info,so hes exempt still from purchasing a visa but still has to abide by the 90/180 rule,so we both will need to get an extended visa from the police station if possible or return home earlier.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 19:17:57 PM »
Did you read the link?  My understanding is that he would need to get a Visa sticker on entry to Turkey.  You do not say when your Visa is valid from - if you happen to be in Turkey on your 180th day and have not exceeded the 90 day rule, you could go to one of the Greek islands, stay overnight and return to Turkey on the 181st obtaining a new 90/180 day Visa on entry.

Offline tonysue

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 22:21:48 PM »
it seems you are in the same boat as me micky, I was advised to either change my travel dates or apply for residency. There are no extentions just fines for overstaying and exclusion for a period of time with having to apply in the uk for your next tourist visa. Not the news I wanted either  :(

Offline yakamoz

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 09:36:29 AM »
On advice from British Consulate in early June I went to Passport Police by Ece Saray hotel to ask for an extension to my 90/180 day visa. I had been advised that it was possible to get extension. After much discussion the answer was a very definitive NOT POSSIBLE - only way round was to get residency.

Hope that helps anyone who is thinking of trying to take this route.

Last night I checked on Turkish consulate web site in UK and it still states you get 90 day visa as in previous years. I have e-mailed them to ask for some sort of clarification!!??

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 15:16:36 PM »
What about if on arrival at dalaman one purchases another £10 visa do you think that passport control would notice that there was a valid visa in your passport as they never seem to check they normally just look for an unstamped visa and stamp it.Or is it a question of the computer will alert them,anyway i will give it a try and if it works then fine one will have a visa for exit out;if one is rumbled on exit then one has to plead igorerant.

Offline missdanni1992

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 23:32:28 PM »
What about if on arrival at dalaman one purchases another £10 visa do you think that passport control would notice that there was a valid visa in your passport as they never seem to check they normally just look for an unstamped visa and stamp it.Or is it a question of the computer will alert them,anyway i will give it a try and if it works then fine one will have a visa for exit out;if one is rumbled on exit then one has to plead igorerant.

or you could just follow the rules? do you realise how difficult it is for Turkish citizens to get a visa for a 2 week holiday to the UK? don't abuse the system, rules are rules.

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 12:34:55 PM »
I do agree with you but the sad thing is your country is now losing much needed money where as like myself and many others who have been coming to turkey for many,many,years and some of us do 6 to 8 trips a year we are now restricted to 90days in every 180days.So i dont think your govenment have got it right.Local bussinesses rely on our custom as we do spend alot of money in turkey but then again maybe you are anti british.I dont have a problem i can spend my money in any country if turkey does not want it as much as i love the place.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 13:15:50 PM »
but then again maybe you are anti british.

I doubt it, what with her being British :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf