Author Topic: isp  (Read 2926 times)

Offline hamilton

isp
« on: August 28, 2012, 06:33:14 AM »
Can anyone recommend an ISP other than TTNET?

Offline starman

Re: isp
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 06:38:08 AM »
I user fiber with super online as get a 50mb speed

Offline Eric

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 18:35:13 PM »
Can you get that all over Turkey? And what is the cost?

Offline ECHOSTAR

• Uk and Sky Tv no Problem
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 14:16:29 PM »
I user fiber with super online as get a 50mb speed

but starman forgot to tell you he is in istanbul if we had cable here we could have urdu net (satellite) internet one leg via cable the other leg via satellite

there is tony but not that cheap to run i have ttnet a true unlimited 8meg download of which i pay 115tl per month for i also have satellite internet i get 18meg on that but capped 50gig for 59-50gbp per month the equipment your get given to you for this package free but a 2 year contract and you cant tell them you want to use it in turkey otherwise they wont connect you your have to give a dodgy address in rhodes which the lobe covers this area you can go with a turkish company for the same equipment same satellite the cost are well over the top for the same system but they have the rights to turkey no one else does and then you have a latency problem of around 700ms considering the signal has traveled around 46000 miles no good for games or card sharing or where you need a fast response because of the delay

if you want more details tony drop me a line
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 14:35:01 PM by ECHOSTAR »

Offline hamilton

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 06:41:26 AM »
As you know Gary I have the TTNET unlimited package 1-8mb, the problem is, in fact I receive between 0.2-3.5 mb. 3.5mb is ample for my needs, of course 8mb would be fantastic. The problem is that quite often for no apparent reason our modem either drops out completely or the speed is so low that it is of no practical use. Contacting ADSL helpline is a complete waste of time, I believe that there is nothing that they can do until the lines are capable of handling the amount of traffic on them. In Uzumlu some residents appear to get very good speeds and have little problem with their connection, others like myself are pulling out their hair. There seems no logic to when the modem will drop out, I believe that this is due to the local traffic on their particular line.

Is their any point upgrading to a better TTNET package if the same lines are being used?????

Is there a way to force TTNET to provide the unlimited 1-8mb (24-7)  I, and others in Uzumlu are paying for????

Offline corbindallas

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 09:56:19 AM »
Perhaps with those speeds you should downgrade the package to the 4mb service so at least you are not being over charged. We live in Uzumlu and this is our second location within the village and have to say we have had over 5mb service at both ends of the village (currently receive just under 7mb) so sounds like we are very lucky compared. Do you use the internet via ethernet or wifi, it may be worth doing a speed check on both connections as wifi speed especially may be interferred with by a 3rd source like cordless telephones or house alarm or structure.We literally lose our connection from one end of the house to the other so being nearer the wifi/modem is essential also to get the speeds we do, the dropping of signal sounds like this may be the cause? Also have TTNet sent an engineer out to test the line, if not insist they do/ also a personal visit to their offices may pay dividends as they have a engineer dept which are more understanding than the operators and on a number of occassions they can improve the line just by pressing some buttons their end, unfortunatley the operators at TTNet are still not fully used to the new system they had installed early last year. Uzumlu also has some fibre optic lines feed so there is no excuse for them not to be able to sort out the issue, poor operators will just respond and state you are still getting the upto 8mb service even at p*ss poor speeds which is a cop out. As said test both speeds and if it is poor on ethernet also, I recommend to try the personal visit route first.

Just as a after thought going with another internet company is not a solution really as they use the same lines as TTnet usually just a different billing company at the ned of the day?

Offline hamilton

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 13:04:28 PM »
Thank you for your helpful reply.

Perhaps I could downgrade, but it doesn't get around that I am paying for a 24-7 package and not receiving it.

I have called in the ADSL engineers several times, to no avail.

I have wifi, which I can see at all times when using equipment, there is no problem with distance. The connection is erratic at times, sometimes perfect, I put that down to overload of the incoming lines. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf