Author Topic: Speeding  (Read 2048 times)

Offline billy3107

Speeding
« on: September 25, 2012, 11:40:52 AM »
Hi everyone I live in an appartment on 521 Sok Dolgu Sahisi close to the Fig Shop a lovely area which is begining to be spoilt by speeding motorists.During the day is bad enough at times however,at night somtimes, it is like a racetrack.
3 cats have been run over during the past fortnight and i dont think it will be long before there is a serious accident.
To who and where is the best pace to air my views and possibly get somthing done about it.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Re: Speeding
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 15:45:28 PM »
Billy - sorry to hear that - one of the animal aid people might be able to point you in the right direction but failing everything else try ringing the Alo 179 tourists helpline as I have heard one or two very good reports about them making things happen that wouldn't have happened without their involvement.

You may think they are purely for tourist types issues but a few days ago someone was telling me they got them involved to have a proper power supply established in their area after months of arguing with Aydem to do this for them. It was sorted out within a couple of weeks of visiting them.

See: http://www.landoflights.net/local-news/alo-179-tourism-line-inaugurated-684.html

Offline billy3107

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 04:30:45 AM »
Thanks Ian had a look at the link  I will give them a call   Do you just ring 179 or have i missed somthing

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 07:42:00 AM »
Billy - hi - I have never rung it myself but I think it is like other emergency phone numbers (police / fire etc) and you just ring 179 - I am sure someone will come on and tell you if I am wrong   :)

Offline Marggie

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 09:03:23 AM »
Yes you just dial 179.

I had reason to ring them at the time the Belediye were laying the new roads round our apartment and am full of praise for the service they offer.  The workmen had excavated right in front of our apartment and left mounds of earth about 8 ft. high along with broken pavers etc. on the waste ground opposite.  When I spoke to the lady at 179 she asked what I would like her to do, so I explained that although I spoke some Turkish I did not have sufficient to carry out a full conversation with the Belediye and would like her to telephone on my behalf.  One hour later along came a JCB to clear all the rubbish - it took all afternoon and about twenty wagon loads of rubbish were removed.

I telephoned the lady at 179 to thank her for her prompt attention and also asked her to telephone the Belediye to thank them.

I understand they will try to help locals and tourists alike.

Offline billy3107

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 09:48:09 AM »
Thanks both just phoned them and they said they would speak with the Police about it

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf