Author Topic: Disappointing Boat trip with Jerry's Boats  (Read 10994 times)

Offline SuzzPuss

Re: Disappointing Boat trip with Jerry's Boats
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 23:58:49 PM »
Brilliant!  Thanks Anne.

Offline keng38

• Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 00:02:51 AM »
We went with Tom (Summer breeze) last year.
He was great fun, polite (even after he trashed the brand new fence at the small marina near tansas dropping us off).
Would definately go with him again

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 00:10:33 AM »
Verbal abuse never has a place and I would hope Jerry regrets that. But I must ask - what was it that you didn't get that you valued at 50% of the cost of the day? I'm not on anyone's side, I am sure boats would make a loss with what you decided was fair to pay, and you got a boat trip, lunch, fishing & swimming opportunities - what half do you feel you didn't receive?

Offline CAROL BROWNE

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 00:34:40 AM »
alis no +905065570718

Offline jonuzumlu

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 06:42:24 AM »
Verbal abuse never has a place and I would hope Jerry regrets that. But I must ask - what was it that you didn't get that you valued at 50% of the cost of the day? I'm not on anyone's side, I am sure boats would make a loss with what you decided was fair to pay, and you got a boat trip, lunch, fishing & swimming opportunities - what half do you feel you didn't receive?

A thought provoking question.
If a boat trip is viewed simply as lunch, and a fishing and swimming opportunity then certainly the contract was fulfilled.
At this time of the season it should be possible to negotiate such a trip with one of the big boats for 25 lira. The boat would also go much further afield and visit at least four bays.
 A similar deal is available for 35 lira on the vast majority of smaller boats.

I chose to book a trip at a premium price because previous experience and forum reviews told me that my day,and more importantly, that of my guests would be outstanding. I anticipated visiting the further afield, quieter bays on a boat staffed by professional staff.
What I got was a trip on a boat where stops were determined by engine failures and the skippers concept of customer relations  was to retire to the kitchen area and sleep for most of the day.

I agree that boats would make a loss if they offered trips at 20 lira, but note that the larger ones may accept 25. However I know little of boat trip economics as prior to my offer Jerry himself had valued the food component at 39tl

What I did not receive was the intangible element which makes a day special in a good way.
Until Wednesday I had considered this to be Jerry's USP.

It might be considered unrealistic but I would value that at more than 50% of the day's value.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 08:34:59 AM »
It's sad to read about negative experiences (and there have been a few this week) but more especially when it is regarding one of the well loved CBF favourites. I am well aware that defence being the best form of attack is the "Turkish way" and has been for centuries but it sits most uncomfortably in a popular and one the whole laid back holiday resort.

I'm sure your offer, coming at the end of a day that must have been as frustrating for Jerry as it was for you guys, was quite possibly the straw that broke the camel's back. There he is, thinking "how much is this going to cost me" about his broken boat - then to find that he'll not even have any profit from the day to help pay for it.

Not defending anyone - just offering a possible alternative view. 

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2012, 09:37:13 AM »

We have done 4 boat trips so far this season, of the 4 trips Jerry would be 3rd, with the one below him being better on the trip, but loses out because the food was "normal" big boat food. I think all the other smaller boats have caught up with Jerry food wise.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2012, 10:17:13 AM »
We also have used Captain Tom - we decided on a change of plan one day and headed for the harbour (Jerry already gone, we knew that would be the case) and it's a great time to do a deal - by 10am anyone still in the harbour has written off the day pretty much - and we ended up negotiating a deal with Capt. Tom (including agreeing drinks prices before we got on - there's nothing worse than getting a cheap price then getting stung on the extras). We had a great day and Tom is a really nice fella.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2012, 10:20:28 AM »
Yes, we have been out with captain Tom two or three times.  He is a good bloke and the food is good too.

Offline jonuzumlu

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2012, 15:44:39 PM »
It's sad to read about negative experiences (and there have been a few this week) but more especially when it is regarding one of the well loved CBF favourites. I am well aware that defence being the best form of attack is the "Turkish way" and has been for centuries but it sits most uncomfortably in a popular and one the whole laid back holiday resort.

I'm sure your offer, coming at the end of a day that must have been as frustrating for Jerry as it was for you guys, was quite possibly the straw that broke the camel's back. There he is, thinking "how much is this going to cost me" about his broken boat - then to find that he'll not even have any profit from the day to help pay for it.

Not defending anyone - just offering a possible alternative view. 
I am inclined to agree with you entirely.  Unfortunately my already strained good will evaporated completely when Jerry made his meal cost offer.
His   subsequent refusal to accept any payment and the manner in which he did so, not only cost him 220lira, but also I suspect,potential future profits from a number of previously loyal customers.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf