Author Topic: Uzumlu Belediye is it closing?  (Read 14466 times)

Offline Firo

Re: Uzumlu Belediye is it closing?
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2014, 11:09:05 AM »
So by having roads in Uzumlu  it will loose it's charm!  :o
Only someone who holidays here could say that!  Try having a lake outside your house when it rains...
In Fethiye, Calis, Ovacik etc etc they all pay the same for water whether they have a pool or not! In Uzumlu if you have a pool you pay 3 times what someone without a pool pays...so 3 times more to do your washing, shower etc etc ! Surely not fair? Reason given by Baskan was it's special water!
As we've already reported if the current Fethiye mayor wins the election he has already said he wants Uzumlu to retain it's special village charms but he will sort out the roads and bring water charges into line with Fethiye..now that's fair.
As for comparing what happened in UK, when small councils closed and came under bigger authorities,  to what might happen in Turkey that's like comparing press freedom in UK to Press Freedom in Turkey...it doesn't compare!
Uzumlu will only benefit by having roads, it will looks a hell of a lot nicer and hopefully an end will be brought about to stop the endless building (some illegal but passed as legal by the current council) and that will be the biggest benefit to Uzumlu maintaining it's small village charms.
We all want Uzumlu to keep it's village feel and charms and bringing it into the 21st century will not harm that...
Oh and when we bought 7 years ago, Yes we were promised roads by the Baskan!

Offline Eric

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2014, 11:33:34 AM »
Which Councils have been made bigger in the UK?  If anything it has gone the other way.  In 1996 the 8 counties in Wales were transformed into 22 Unitary Authorities.  What this meant was that instead of 8 Social Services depts, 8 Education Depts etc there had to now be 22!  As the population base in some of these Unitaries could not sustain the new Departments, the Council Tax had to rise to pay for it. 

Offline Sunny Boy

• Newby
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2014, 18:44:04 PM »
Looking at what the Belediye in Fethiye have done not only to the town centre but the promenade road they should be congratulated and I hope and believe that they will do the same for the village, it does not matter what the actual charge for water in the village it IS unfair that we as foreigners pay 3 times as much as the locals and I know for a fact that a lot of them do not pay but we being Brits do pay, it is unfair also that the blocked paving was not done throughout the village, strange how it stopped and did not go beyond the residents that did not have a vote in local elections, or am I being cynical ;-)
I love Üzümlü and would not wish to live anywhere else although at the moment I am a summer resident/ tourist only but still pay my taxes, the ex pats have bought a lot of cash and employment to the village, and of course we can not forget the battle led by Fi and Eric and the great fund raising effort by them and many others against the cement factory if it had not been for the expats there would I have no doubt be a cement factory belching out its poision in to the village.
I love Üzümlü and it is one of the few places where I can truly relax.

Offline Firo

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2014, 09:17:21 AM »
Thank you Sunny Boy and can you imagine how spoilt Uzumlu would have been if that Cement Factory had not been stopped  :(
Never mind beautiful clean fresh air but inhalers all round..lol  8)

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2014, 07:00:18 AM »
So by having roads in Uzumlu  it will loose it's charm!  :o
Only someone who holidays here could say that!  Try having a lake outside your house when it rains...

As we've already reported if the current Fethiye mayor wins the election he has already said he wants Uzumlu to retain it's special village charms but he will sort out the roads and bring water charges into line with Fethiye..now that's fair.

Uzumlu will only benefit by having roads

Oh and when we bought 7 years ago, Yes we were promised roads by the Baskan!

And after Fi & Eric's new BFF, Mayor Saatci, has personally put a surface on their road to make it easier for them to sell, he might even get to look at our dirt track that makes theirs look like a motorway!  :) lol, fat chance!  :)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2014, 07:43:09 AM »
So what question did you put to Mayor Saatci Hamlet and what was his answer?

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2014, 08:20:56 AM »
I wasn't able to attend Rimms, as I stated prior to the meeting.
Also I do not usually get involved in politics as from experience not only in the UK, I have never come across a Politician that pursues anything that has no benefit to themselves or their immediate friends & family.

Offline Firo

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2014, 15:49:00 PM »
Glad we didn't think about politicians or politics that way as we prefer to at least try talking and give people the benefit of the doubt!
Oh and the question we asked was about all of the unmade roads in Uzumlu, and for his, Saatci's, plans for the future of Uzumlu so why make it personal about our road and our house sale?
We have been lobbying the Baskan for the  roads to be sorted since before the last local elections which is 4 years longer than our villa has been sale.  >:(
Sorry if it upsets some people that we get of our arses and try to sort things out rather than sitting on our arses waiting and hoping for things to change   ;)

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2014, 17:54:29 PM »
 ;D Lol  ;D

Offline jonuzumlu

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2014, 07:13:40 AM »
As a former (short lived) resident of the village,  when reading Uzumlu related threads I usually  envisage Radio 4s "The Archers" being  transported to the Turkish countryside
 :o

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf