Author Topic: Girida Balik Restaurant - BEWARE!!!!  (Read 5029 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Girida Balik Restaurant - BEWARE!!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 13:24:30 PM »
Obivously you have to speak as you find - but what a contrast between Turkey's for Life's appraisal...

"They're a friendly bunch"

and hillside's...

"Shouting in Turkish he aggressively attempted to wrench the bill from my hand. With his nose in my face, and continuing to shout abuse he grabbed my arm and twisted my fingers to try and get me to release the bill. Now I’m an OAP with arthritis in my thumbs but I hung on to that bill – I have cuts from his nails and bruises on my forearm to prove it"

The food looks lovely - shame because I'll never go to see if it tastes as good as it looks. I believe more than anything that people that target Brits (and British senior citizens at that!!!) with their cons and aggression should pay a price for that. Would they do that to a Turkish OAP lady? You bet your last kurus they would be dead or hospitalised within no time if they did. Collectively boycotting their businesses is the only way (and hitting them in the pocket hurts). Let them con and attack Russians, and see how they get revenge.

Hope you are ok guys, it must have been one hell of a shock to have to go through.

Offline amca

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 13:31:32 PM »
The customer relations/assault side of things I will leave to one side.

You say that fish was caught across the road .... landed there, perhaps, caught? unlikely.
You do not know the weight of the fish.
You do not know the price per kilo.
You do not say what kind of fish it was.
and then you
You decide to pay only what you think the meal is worth !

A restaurateur may have some cause to be aggrieved by customers who make up their own bills, so to speak.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 13:36:43 PM »
Yes, you idiots - you put a bit of trust into people who physically attack you when things don't go the way they planned. What did you expect...

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 13:41:04 PM »

You say that fish was caught across the road .... landed there, perhaps, caught? unlikely.
and then you

A restaurateur may have some cause to be aggrieved by customers who make up their own bills, so to speak.

Surely Amca the point is that the customer has some cause to be aggrieved by restaurateur who make up the [inflated] price with no no relation to what was served and the 'normal' price of a good fish meal in the area ... like Scunner suggests you can bet your life they would never have tried this on with Turkish customers, not because they should feel threatened or intimidated, but because they know they would never get away with it!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2012, 13:43:57 PM »
And who in their right mind wants to go for a well deserved night out and risk it ending like this?

Forget the place - there are loads of options.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 13:44:16 PM »
Sorry I should have added that bitter experience has taught me in Turkey, never to go into anywhere or do anything without agreeing a price beforehand, or at least have access to a price list, which would obviously include a menu (and ideally the one that is in Turkish!)

Offline hillside

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2012, 14:24:07 PM »

and then you

Yes amca - hindsight is a wonderful thing. We were too trusting after 12 years visiting Turkey and never experiencing anything like this before - but sadly we will never be so stupid as to be trusting again....

The restauranteur wasnt aggrieved we paid 30TL short of his inflated price - he tried to hand back ALL of the money when he realised I intended to expose this restaurant. Would he seriously have done that if 150TL had been the genuine bill?

I am lost for words that you say 'The customer relations/assault side of things I will leave to one side' - you think this is acceptable behaviour?

Offline amca

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2012, 14:30:04 PM »
hillside
I am lost for words that you say 'The customer relations/assault side of things I will leave to one side' - you think this is acceptable behaviour?
================
Leaving something to one side is not the same as saying that assaulting someone is acceptable behaviour.

Offline hillside

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2012, 15:04:22 PM »
hillside
================
Leaving something to one side is not the same as saying that assaulting someone is acceptable behaviour.

but you dont think it is even worthy of comment ?? even though you jump to the defense of the restaurant indicating that maybe they had a right to be aggrieved as we 'underpaid, their bill. Incredible. With attitudes like yours no wonder these (rare) type of places think they can get away with it.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2012, 15:24:29 PM »
I am really sorry to hear how you were treated, it was abdolutely out of order.  It does not always work out to establish the price beforehand, my personal experience left me feeling angry and let down by Booty in Hisaronu, agreed a price only to have it increased halfway through the process.
At lesst we have the forum to ensure as many people as possible are ward of such bad establishments.  Maybe someone who knows this restaurant could point them to this discussion or have a 'friendly' word.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf