Author Topic: british TV anywhere in the world free  (Read 10156 times)

Offline keng38

• Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow
british TV anywhere in the world free
« on: December 23, 2012, 09:09:49 AM »
Looks like this new You view box does more than I thought.
http://www.uktveverywhere.com/

Offline Jim Fraser

Re: british TV anywhere in the world free
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 20:04:32 PM »
Similar channels as filmon.com which is free (at present).
The only benefits of uktveverywhere seems to be the 7 day programming and the option to watch previously shown programmes, so if thats an important requirement then the $130 for the box + a monthly payment may be worthwhile.

Offline Hellzbellz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 19:28:24 PM »
has anyone else had problems with filmon? It used to play ok but now I just get the message loading and the picture is so faded it cant be watched? wondered if this happens ater a while if just use the free standard definition and not pay for high.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 19:41:40 PM »
Working OK here but noticed you have to sit through an advert each time you load it

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 20:05:41 PM »
Filmon keeps changing its format - up till a month ago they gave you 1000 hours of recording free, then removed all free recording, now they give you 2 hours free.
And yes the adverts can be a pain.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 21:27:12 PM »
If you sign in you won't get the adverts.
Mine was showing adverts when first opening, signed in and doesn't do it anymore

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 21:37:59 PM »
Signed in and still doing it with me - although not on every channel.
Shame they dumoed the old system where you had the option to skip the ad after a few seconds.

Offline hamilton

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 06:38:16 AM »
It looks like a good package if you have a minimum of 4mb!  that will rule an awful lot of homes out. Is it legal? doubt it, but filmon have been getting away with it for years. Filmon works with 2mb, quality though very variable if you only get 3.5mb max like we do.

Offline hamilton

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 06:51:47 AM »
I have been having probems with free filmon installed through an android ap. At first it worked fine (about a month), then I was getting request to register all the time, after registering the screen size was small. when I enlarged the screen the message would come up that my free HD trial was over.
So I downloaded the filmon 'balltecam' ap that worked for a while then the same thing started to happen after about a week.
Not to be put off I downloaded the filmon 'family' ap the same thing happened again after about a week.
I now use my android or pc and go through the internet and select the filmon schedule and it works fine, the battlecam and streaming still will not go full screen.
I think that filmon are trying to force me to buy the full package, I suppose you dont get anything for nothing.

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 07:22:51 AM »
It looks like a good package if you have a minimum of 4mb!  that will rule an awful lot of homes out. Is it legal? doubt it, but filmon have been getting away with it for years. Filmon works with 2mb, quality though very variable if you only get 3.5mb max like we do.

we are on a lowly average of 1.6 and plays perfect - if it drops to 1.1 or less then we get the streaming delays - it may depend slightly on the capabilty of the PC/laptop you use, have tried a couple and there is a big improvement using a more powerful machine.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf