Author Topic: Nice Sovalye Island Holiday in The Guardian Today  (Read 4328 times)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: Nice Sovalye Island Holiday in The Guardian Today
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 10:05:54 AM »
I think that the one near the Sat is a private charter, I have only ever seen people getting on / off with suitcases, but the one in Fethiye is a water taxi

Offline oscarj

• Chippy Arms
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 12:55:03 PM »
Hi Sadler

I think the boat you see going from the Jetty near the Sat is to the Hevan apartment on the island www.havenapart.com
We discovered this place a few years ago when we got a boat to drop us off on the island for the day.  The Sunset restaurant had obviously been closed for some time so we walked the length of the island and ended up at the Haven...and stayed all day. Wonderful place and lovely family.

Offline sadler

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 19:03:24 PM »
Looks lovely.  Think I will definitely take a look over there on our next visit.  Any idea how to book the Haven Apartments for a couple of nights.  Went all through the link given but didn't find any prices or booking form.

Offline oscarj

• Chippy Arms
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 20:27:02 PM »
I have a card somewhere Sadler with the e-mail address, I will try and find it for you.  We arranged and spent a second day at Haven, swimming, fishing, snorkling, canoes etc.  Then a lovely BBQ in the evening and the owner brought us back in his little boat. A wonderful day with great memories.

Offline oscarj

• Chippy Arms
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 20:35:14 PM »
Try this:-
Şövalye Adası  48300 Fethiye/Muğla

Postal Code:342

Phone: +90 252 613 65 70   
           +90 533 541 26 09

E-Mail: info@havenapart.com

Good luck!

Offline 0fr0ad

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 21:05:54 PM »
The wee boats running between sat and island are like taxis.
Usually 15-20 lira one way no matter how many of you are travelling.
I am not sure if they speak English but phone numbers for two of them:

Murat 0536 6832931
Zuhtu 0542 3871599

The restaurant ,which was closed last few years, is getting renovated and will be run by ece hotel. Nice place for sunset...

Offline sadler

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 09:08:18 AM »
Thanks for all the info.  I have emailed them and am awaiting a reply.  Thought it would be nice to spend a couple of days, and nights, there to break our 4 week holiday.  Looks as if we are able to just visit on a couple of occasions and spend the day there if the hotel and apartments are not prepared to let for such a short period.  Looking forward to it, we always try to go somewhere of interest during our visits to our apartment.  ;)

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 16:54:52 PM »
Keith the restaurant you are referring to was the Sunset restaurant ran by Metin Duro and his wife Methap.  As you say he used to be a film director for Discovery and National Georgraphic.  They are a lovely couple and we spent many, many nights drinking and philosophising with them way into the small hours as we spent at least six years holidaying on the island before we thought to move to Calis. Unfortuately the restaurant is now closed but I think Metin still has a house on the island.

The hotel referred to is the Ece Boutique hotel (named after their daughter Ece) which is owned by Dr. Erdogan (Tourism Director at the Esnaf Hospital) and his wife Handan.  It was previously holiday apartments which we rented through Tapestry Holidays and stayed at many times.  The newly refurbished hotel is lovely.  We went for an anniversary meal there the other year and they picked us up in a boat from the Sat restaurant and bought us back at the end of the evening.  The food was lovely and the hotel and gardens had great ambiance and brilliant sunsets.  Sovaliye is my favourite place locally and I would thoroughly recommend it for a get away from it all holiday.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf