Author Topic: Club Letoonia - Glowing Review in Irish Times  (Read 1858 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Club Letoonia - Glowing Review in Irish Times
« on: January 19, 2013, 00:34:50 AM »
Fethiye on Turkey’s south coast is most recently famous as a setting for Skyfall, the latest Bond movie.Located in the region of Lycia (wolf in Greek), it is an area steeped in ancient history, with breathtaking mountains and a coastline often referred to as the Turkish Riviera or turquoise coast. It is the destination of choice for Turkey and Europe’s yachting aristocracy, as well as an extremely pale Irish couple seeking a week’s rest and relaxation.

We stayed at the Club Hotel Letoonia, a relaxing, hassle-free retreat. This large resort hotel with three private beaches set on two kilometres of shoreline, is built in the Ottoman style with carved wooden shutters and romantic balconies trailing vibrant pink bougainvillea. Letoonia’s resort works on an all-inclusive basis, with not only all meals and drinks included (yes, drinks too), but also most activities and entertainment.

With a choice of buffet, snack bars and a la carte restaurants, there is something to suit even the fussiest eater, with breakfast, brunch, lunch, snacks, afternoon tea, dinner and evening snacks on offer. Freshly squeezed orange, carrot and tomato juice are served daily in the bar by the pool. The Moonlight buffet restaurant is a particularly beautiful setting for sampling the cuisine on offer.

Full Review - Irish Times

Offline DianaJ

Re: Club Letoonia - Glowing Review in Irish Times
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 07:57:09 AM »
With this being Irish paper & me coming from Northern Ireland & only live about an hour from Dublin airport was interested to see this, as flight operators to Dalaman from the island of Ireland are very limited that they mention Bristish Airways fly daily, looked up the website cant see a thing. In fact from all my research in the past Dublin only have 1 operator from Dublin to Dalaman direct this year and its only running weekly from mid June to mid December.
Mind you an article like this can only help the area with a hope to more flights eventually coming on board, as the Irish people still have a love of Kusadasi.
Dont often meet any Irish people when on hols in Calis not that Im complaining but would nice for people to know where Im talking about when I tell them where I go on hols..... its a bit like that song Living it up in Calis they often say Calis Calis where the **** is Calis.     

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 15:03:37 PM »
'Dont often meet any Irish people when on hols in Calis'

....... they are all on the Algarve  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 16:12:15 PM »
My Brother and Sister in Law came over from N.Ireland last September for our son's wedding. They live in Bangor and flew from Belfast.  They got a package holiday with Thomson's and stayed at the Oykun. 
When we first came to the area in 2005 we stayed at Letoonia and where having dinner one night and got speaking to the couple on the next table.  They were from Belfast and had been at Letoonia for nearly 2 weeks and had never left the place.  Of course we where hardly at Letoonia, got out every day to see the area. This Irish couple even asked us what Fethiye was like!!! I suppose this is the problem with AI some people just stay at the resort and never bother to get out and about. :(

Offline Lotty

Club Letoonia - Glowing Review in Irish Times
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 09:24:26 AM »
I also met a lady who had been holidaying at Hillside for 3 weeks every Sept for 7 years and had never ventured into Fethiye!! I just couldn't believe she had no idea where Paspatur was after all that time. How very boring, it could have been anywhere in the world for all they knew.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf