Author Topic: Sky Sports gone ? satellite down and out ? :-(  (Read 4059 times)

Offline Sleuth

Sky Sports gone ? satellite down and out ? :-(
« on: January 24, 2013, 09:42:49 AM »
A friend  in Hisaronu texted me this morning.. saying the satellite system ( widely used out there ) has shut out sky sports 1 and 2  :-(  and no one  out there ( bars included ) are unable to get it ?  just like they lost itv  last year ... please someone tell me this is not true or  permanent :-(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Sky Sports gone ? satellite down and out ? :-(
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 09:55:02 AM »
I'm not up on my transponders these days Sleuth but this is not looking good for some channels, but HD ones? - from a Spain based SKy/expat website, posted yesterday:

SKY CHANNELS MOVE TO ASTRA 2F PAN EUROPEAN BEAM
A number of Sky channels were moved overnight from Astra 2A/B to the Astra 2F pan European beam. This beam appears not to have been in service until now. There are a number of reports of loss of channels in Scandinavia and the Canaries. The unexpected move has generated speculation that Astra 2A and Astra 2B are at the end of their useful lives. The channels which have been affected are: Channel 5 HD, Dave HD, Watch HD, Gold Comedy Central HD, Pick TV, Pick TV+1, Sky News SD, Discovery HD, Sky Sports 3 HD, Sky Sports News HD, F1 HD, Animal Planet HD, Nat Geo HD, Eden HD, SyFy HD. The change of frequencies is also reported to have affected other channels which have not moved. The reason for this is interference, which affects cheaper LNBs disproportionately.

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 10:06:45 AM »
Thanks for the info Keith ..  my friend has texted me again and  told me  that BFBS   ( my main one for football ) Satanta and the Arab channels are at the moment unaffected  `phew` ... but for how long ?  :-( 

Offline stevemelda

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 08:43:43 AM »
Weve also lost Channel 4s , Dicovery channels, and some others, wont be long until we lose them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline billy3107

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 09:08:27 AM »
Is there anyway around the problem

Offline stevemelda

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 10:06:49 AM »
yes, Billy move back to UK m8... ;D

Offline Skymanturkey

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 16:22:49 PM »
BBC 1-2, ITV 1-2-3-4, Channel 4-5, rte, tg4  skysports 1-2-3-4 and news, ect....... working on IPTV. Not need large dish or satellite systems. Only need IPTV Box and up to 2 mpbs internet. IPTV box connected on your tv and watching

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 16:24:07 PM »
Ok I think I've seen enough - bye.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 17:22:01 PM »
just try to remember, you are not in the uk anymore, why oh why do you need all english channels, as my mate scun always says everyone to there own, just get digiturk, pay an extra 10 lira a month for the barclays premier league, yes eastenders is at least a month behind, and they are still putting on the weakest link about 4 times a day. i wont even go into a corrie conversation. for sports fans you have it all, great watching, tennis, snooker, world football etc all on espn. and all your discovery channels, animal planet etc and 7 movie channels with modern movies too, all for 54 lira a month, i have approx 197 cannels for that. winter months great, but who the hell wants to watch tele in the summer months anyhow.

Offline jfm

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 23:35:20 PM »
hi skyman
what is a iptv box
jimmy

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf