Author Topic: Hassle regarding Eddies Special  (Read 7949 times)

Offline mikrik

Hassle regarding Eddies Special
« on: February 09, 2013, 19:14:05 PM »
I realize that the posting regarding Eddies special has been locked and removed and I respect Scunners right to do so but since I was preaching about fairness I feel it's only right that I should ask who was hassled.
I certainly didn't see any evidence of this in any posting,

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Hassle regarding Eddies Special
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 19:29:51 PM »
Moonfleet  suggests that the poster was being "hassled".

"Advertise on Facebook ! You won't get any hassle there".

( http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/uzumlu_discussion_forum/removed_wednesdays_special_49954.msg305255.html#msg305255 )

Turning up to get free adverts is not enough anymore - complete strangers should be allowed to do so without being "hassled" by the people that keep this website running.

Sorry, not on my watch.

If opening the floodgates is more to people's tastes, and an advertising free for all for anonymous people to just turn up and spam, burying the good info, I suggest one of you sets up an Uzumlu forum. I would love to see such a beast run in the way described. For as long as it lasts.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 19:33:40 PM »
Sorry I should have said anonymous people with childish made up names

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 19:42:03 PM »
And just to clear up any favourtism towards the Winehouse, yes I am a big supporter of theirs as they are of Animal Aid  :), the reason I post the Winehouse menus is because Sener doesn't know how to post them in the larger format  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 19:48:03 PM »
I have no preference - I have been to neither (apart from 1 glass of wine outside the Winehouse in 2003 which was horrible!). I have never met any of the owners and just want to run a website where the people that take a bit in return give something in the first place!

Offline winehouse_uzumlu

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 11:18:27 AM »
Firstly , it’s a shame The Winehouse is mentioned in this dispute on the forum as we are only one of 14-15 restaurant in Uzumlu… And because of this we feel we have to make a comment.

Thank you Mr. Mikrik ( David ) for your last few comments on the CBF giving us this Opportunity to let people know about a  new charity that we are involved with…

The iTC Pet transfer company will do some free of charge and discount pet transfers to the other cities, if there is / are  people that would like to get  some street dogs / cats what are   found in Fethiye area. To places like Ankara , istanbul , izmir , Antalya , Bodrum , Didim  , Marmaris etc…….on the iTC  own road route..  We did a  deal for it and will work with them more ….. They have about 1200 members  Plus, working with other Turkish  Animal Aid groups like Haytap – HaySev etc. all Around  Turkey ….  Details will be on the CBF soon…

Hopefully Mr. Mikrik You Will be able to inform your friends about this … it would be much appreciated..

We wish / hope All other businesses / restaurants  can / could  think / do / create / support their own ideas for local causes or anything on their own .. Not for people asking the restaurants owners for their Events & parties to be held there.. it does NOT mean that  we are against this . we appreciate all efforts to raise Money for charties.. We at the Winehouse prefer to organise & arrange our own Events for charities… As like Uzumlu Food & Craft Fair ( For Turkish & English ladies)  , Art Exhibitions , Animal Aid Fun Quiz , Book Swap & Cake Afternoon ,  Some Special Nights ( that Animal Aid or other charity groups can sell their own raffle tickets & advertise for their events ) etc… And We would like to support all the local causes & charity nights  wherever, as like Animal Aid Nights in Calis or Charty night  for Mad About Mutts in Ovacik with our kemer Friends Arleen & Mark or  Dolphin Protests ,  etc by selling thier tickets or t-shirts or bags for their good charities causes… We can write MORE about it but no need …

And We Think , That the CBF Members / Administors / Moderators have realise this  about The Winehouse since we started  4 years ago… 

Last  thing is About our 1st topic(s) 2009 Mr. Mikrik , We asked  Scunner in the beginning with an email asking him if we could do our own advertise instead of asking  someone to put for us.. Which was more respectfull to the CBF  without ‘’cheating’’ or using someone else for us…
And about the other topics you mentioned  !!! , we feel there is Nothing more to be said ..

As many of you know very well that we supported all charity nights & Events  wherever they are  since we opened… and will keep doing  so…

Regards From Winehouse.
ian / Snr.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 11:33:14 AM »
Yes, its so good that various restaurants in Uzumlu support local charities, and long may it continue.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 11:45:55 AM »
On a positive (or more accurately non-negative) note, I had no idea there were 14-15 restaurants in Uzumlu, I would have said around 4-5 :o

Restaurant wars in Uzumlu is nothing new, it's almost as established a jibe on CBF as Hisaronu being rubbish (tongue in cheek of course). In truth I have had more headaches from Uzumlu restaurant advertising over the years than the whole of the rest of Fethiye put together. The Winehouse going back quite a few years was a total nightmare!

What I am keen to emphasise is that we have no favourites on here, nor are we anti the restaurant promotion concept - far from it. We are keen to see restaurants putting a bit of effort into having something different - Valentines events, Christmas parties, charity nights - even quizzes. I'll even put them into the CBF calendar, no charge!!! It is bland, blanket adverts for nothing special that we are trying to avoid.

If we can get this right, people coming to the area on holiday can print off a whole month of interesting evenings in one go to bring along and that puts money in your pockets, not ours. 

If restaurants want any help or advice on how best to do things, I am here and I help always. Salih from Kings Garden contacted me a while back, keen to let people know what they had planned and not wanting to pee anyone off on the forum. He will confirm that he got some serious help and still does when he gets in contact. Likewise when the guys at the Winehouse took over they got in contact (which is always nice and respectful compared to signing up with a false name and wading in).

We are here to promote the area and it's establishments. We also hope that when members have a problem or question, restaurant owners might pitch in with some local knowledge and advice now and again. Maybe now I am getting close to explaining why a new member, who posts twice in her first three posts about one restaurant isn't the CBF way.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 12:46:22 PM »
I was surprised there were so many venues, so I had a count up and made about 12 or 13.  But the ones who regularly have charity events and 'do's' number about 7 (?).

Offline mikrik

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 15:01:58 PM »
You are right Scunner.
Moonfleet did suggest that the original author was being hassled and was the only person who mentioned the subject.
My comment was intended to state that I didn't see any evidence of hassling.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf