Author Topic: Shaka Restaurant  (Read 5328 times)

Offline Dutchie

Shaka Restaurant
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 09:04:14 AM »
I do know the owner and can assure you that he would never do something like this on purpose. It sounds like somebody made a mistake entering, or actually not entering, the price in the computer system. not a rip off but definitely something that needs to be corrected.

Offline Marggie

Re: Shaka Restaurant
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 09:48:17 AM »
Our friends had been in previously and had been overcharged for the house wine (on offer until 6 pm as per the blackboard above the bar), on that occasion they didn't say anything but when we went in this time she specifically asked for house wine.  It was their previous experience that prompted us to check the bill. 

Maybe they need to look at how specials are shown on the bill.  Like others on here we like Shaka very much - the staff, the ambience, the food and the setting.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 09:58:31 AM »
I think it was a sad day when I first saw waiters walking around Fethiye prom with electric terminals in their hand, and itemised printed bills at the end of your meal. These things are probably the reason that there are more mistakes on bills than with a man with a pen and a brain, and with far less charm.

We should return to the old days     :)

Offline amca

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 10:33:28 AM »
"We should return to the old days."
====

Yes, when Efes was 1,500,000lira a bottle and the Wifi was a term of endearment for the female of the Scottish species.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 10:41:32 AM »
Exactly!

Offline Marggie

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 10:54:21 AM »
I think it was a sad day when I first saw waiters walking around Fethiye prom with electric terminals in their hand, and itemised printed bills at the end of your meal. These things are probably the reason that there are more mistakes on bills than with a man with a pen and a brain, and with far less charm.

We should return to the old days      :)

Yes I think you are probably right.

Offline saoirse

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 11:04:03 AM »
Wether  it was a mistake or a deliberate rip off almost seems irrelevant  compared to the fact that the owner does not see customers being over charged as an actual problem.

Such an attitude surely tells you all you need to know about the lottery of how much you will be charged were you to use this establishment

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 18:23:35 PM »
I think he saw the fact that the problem was addressed for the customer as meaning that there is now no problem in terms of overcharging (in their specific case). I'm sure he can't wait to get back and sort out that bloody till.

My point is that people tend not to check electronic bills as much as hand written ones and tend to take them as gospel, both staff and customer  - and of course they are only as accurate as the data inputted. 

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2013, 19:31:24 PM »
I never checked my bills in Fethiye for many years, always accepting the figure written on the back. I always check nowadays though and it never ceases to amaze me how often they are wrong! And never to my benefit which is strange!

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2013, 20:33:13 PM »
All the above being said,Shaka is still a step forward.
 I'm sure if our point could be made and understood to the owner,
   He will do the right thing and improve billing.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf