Author Topic: Moving to Fethiye  (Read 2682 times)

Offline pads

Moving to Fethiye
« on: February 18, 2013, 10:08:02 AM »
Hi Everyone
My husband Pete and I are moving to Fethiye on March 4th after many years of holidaying in Fethiye and other parts of Turkey. We are planning to apply for a residents visa and understand that it can be a nightmare to go through all the procedures.Could anyone recommend someone who could guide us through it and give us some idea of the cost.We would appreciate any advise that anyone could give us and look forwards to meeting new friends.Paddy and Pete.

Offline Boxerdogs

Re: Moving to Fethiye
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 10:38:21 AM »
Warm welcome Paddy & Pete to CBF you will find us a nice lot and very helpfull. I know that Carole & Tyfun (just along from the HSBC ban in Fethiye do all the leg work for you & I have been told good things about them.

Offline joannasal

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 12:06:00 PM »
If you go on to Facebook and look up either cake maid ot Grannys Orange, you will be able to contact Sam. She is a lovely lovely English lady who has lived here for 20+ years, speaks fluent Turkish and knows all the procedures. I always go to her, she also did my Turkish driving license - she is super and does not charge very much / overcharge. 

Offline CleopatrasAsp

• Irish by birth, Geordie by marriage!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 12:09:23 PM »
Carol & Tayfun did our residency last year for us and as Boxer said, they did all the running around on our behalf for a fee of  150TL (couple).  I found a link that someone had kindly posted on another message board, explains it all.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...42080656,d.bGE

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 13:45:13 PM »
Except that the C&T office is now closed near HSBC & I'm not sure where they are now. I used the lady who is married to Alper the translator (sorry her name escapes me) but tel no is 0252 612 0531

Offline grizabella

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 13:56:55 PM »
I used Jacop who is married to Linda who has the Hippy Chick jeqwellry shop opposite the Mulberry Tree cafe in Fethiye.Excellent service and only charges 99tl.

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 15:24:38 PM »
Yakup in the craft shop next to the Mulberry Cafe in Fethiye is excellent, he does everything and is very reliable as well as inexpensive for what does.  8)

Offline jackstee

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 17:42:19 PM »
Yes as to the two above

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 20:00:51 PM »
We use Yakup all the time, he is an excellent translator and has help us so much. Call into Hippy Chic and you will also met the lovely Lynda, Yakups wife.  Grizzabella and Hamlets posts are both about Yakup  ;D

Offline pads

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 20:37:07 PM »
Thank you everyone for your feedback,it was very helpful and informative.Can't wait to be there.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf