Author Topic: Electricity costs  (Read 4004 times)

Offline Stargazer

• Newly Registered
Re: Electricity costs
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 14:44:24 PM »
We had a visit 2 weeks ago from an Aydem employee. He brought a letter to us which was written in Turkish. Basically he tried to explain the nature of his visit so we contacted a Turkish friend to translate for us. Yes the offer was a 15% reduction on any bill over 150 lira. He wanted us to sign a contract for 2 years which we were not sure about. A few of our friends have since also been contacted. Now we find out that there is a new supplier of electric coming into Fethiye so maybe Aydem are trying to keep our custom!!!!

Offline cenk

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 15:05:46 PM »
I signed it yesterday. It is %14 discount for unit price NOT for the taxes added on the bill. It comes to %4 in fact  :-\

Offline jackstee

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 16:16:35 PM »
So I would save around 12 TL.

I think I will check the competiton. I need new supply cables anyway as our area have more demand than the supply can cope with.

By the way. Eactly where is the spell check. ?

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 21:17:47 PM »
 I went and signed mine yesterday ,if your units are over 5000 you get discount, discounts range from 1% to 14% mine worked out 2.5% starts in april ,every little helps.  ;)

Offline Edina

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2013, 21:25:24 PM »
Hi

We have just had a 16-day break at our apartment.  Just logged in to the bank account to discover we have an electricity bill for 225 TL for the 2-week stay, which is strange, as the most we have ever paid has been about 36TL for our 2-week trips.  Question is, has electricity vastly increased in price recently?  Has anybody else had any problems with their electricity bills being inflated? It may be a case of misread meter, but we won't find out until we are back out in about 8 week's time.....or have I paid for the new street light that has been erected outside our apartments?!! .....or maybe we have been unknowingly underpaying all along and they have caught up with us!

Any ideas folks?

Edina
 :o
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 21:49:14 PM by Edina »

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Electricity costs
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 07:31:09 AM »
Definitely can't be right Edina. just had our bill, 51 tl for the month.
We didn't even have one as high as yours in winter when we had electric heaters on.

Offline Edina

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2013, 21:07:02 PM »
Hi

I think I will have to contact Aydem when I am back over and ask them to check the meter, although I doubt we will be reimbursed! 

Edina

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2013, 08:20:25 AM »
Hi

I think I will have to contact Aydem when I am back over and ask them to check the meter, although I doubt we will be reimbursed! 

Edina
our last 3 bills have been at least 70% higher than our 3 neighbours with approx. same usage, I called Bayram the electrician he came out had a look, found nothing untoward, he telephoned Aydem they came out the next day two men spent 20 mins. taking readings, then changed the meter. They told me (through my good Turkish friend) it will be tested and they will calculate how much refund I am owed. We also asked how we pay for the new meter he said there is no charge.
I now wait for a refund!!! or a bill for the meter, we have been checking readings with neighbours we are all on a par now.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf