Author Topic: Looking for a suitable building to set up a primary school  (Read 2175 times)

Offline Fethiye Primary School

• Newly Registered
Looking for a suitable building to set up a primary school
« on: April 28, 2013, 13:57:35 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am currently looking for a suitable building to set up a primary school in the area of Fethiye or Calis. I have looked at many estate agent websites but have not found anything suitable. I would rather deal with private owners than estate agents in the first time (financial reasons). Ideally the building should have big rooms (rather than the small bedrooms I see in most houses), a reasonabe sized garden or playground, and centrally located. The swimmimg pool is not a must.

I would appreciate any help, suggestions and advice. Please contact me at: fethiyeprimaryschool@gmail.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Wilfrid
Fethiye Primary School

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Looking for a suitable building to set up a primary school
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 14:35:11 PM »
It would be a good idea if you told us something about yourself in the Introductions Section Wilfrid.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 14:47:40 PM »
Can anyone set up a primary school then???  Have u consulted the education authorities first.??   If not I strongly advise you to do so... 

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 16:24:48 PM »
I have to say I wondered the same thing mercury ???

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 16:35:05 PM »
It looks like the plan is a private school not a state school as read on
http://merhabaforums.com/educational-topics-f15/primary-school-due-open-september-2013-t16999.html

Even so I would have thought that it needs to follow a Turkish standard education curriculum.

I think one of Wilfred's biggest hurdles will be getting the work permit sorted.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 20:46:45 PM »
Having had dealings with the education dept. here I think this will be a non starter.. sorry that is my opinion..Does anyone remember the private nursery setting up?  That didnt last very long. They lost everything....and had to sell all their equipment. money etc...

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 15:46:30 PM »
I too am really surprised that it is possible to set up a private nursery school here in Turkey without going through the authorities and I would strongly support Mercury's advice that you check things out very,very carefully before you commit to anything.

I too remember the heartaches and trauma that a really nice British couple  had out here (I know at least one of them is a member of this forum so may wish to comment) when they set up a creche.  In the end they had had enough of the aggro and red tape and decided  that enough was  enough  and decided to sell up and go back to UK about 3-4 years ago.  We at the 3C's (or the Calis Carnival Fundraising Committee as we were then) purchased all there nursery furniture, slides, bouncy castle etc which helped them out at the time but also enabled us to fit out the Catalarik school nursery class as well as helping another local school.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf