Author Topic: Shaka Restaurant - Fethiye  (Read 3943 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Shaka Restaurant - Fethiye
« on: April 29, 2013, 19:23:17 PM »
We had our first ever visit to Shaka during our recent visit and were very impressed. We had arranged to meet a couple of CBF couples for an evening meal. As is quite normal for me, I spent the whole "browsing the menu" time talking, and just copied what another of our group ordered, starter and main as it sounded nice :D

So that resulted in a starter of Creamy Garlic Prawns (a dish surely invented with me in mind), and fillet steak, medium rare (sorry Jacqui!). Both were absolutely superb - I did forget my rule that whatever way you like your steak done, move it up a notch in Turkey. So when I ordered medium rare I think I should have said medium. When it arrived (lovely big fillet) it looked like a tanned blancmange - all dark brown externally and bright pink top to bottom within. But is was absolutely fabulous, you could have cut it with a cucumber - I have had two sensational fillet steaks in all my years in the area and this was one of them.

There's also a good selection of breads and dips, all very different to the norm too - some nice touches. I never choose a wine first time in a restaurant anywhere, I just ask for a glass of red and see what they consider customers should be served - and again very pleasant.

Service is low key (as is the restaurant or at least it was that night) and friendly with the people they obviously know well. Osman the boss came over and chatted with us, a very nice guy.

Location is quite obviously wonderful (you should know the view from the webcam) and the food and ambience match that. I read about small portions and I agree they aren't like Ayden Pide's mixed grill but it isn't all about portion size. We didn't think any meal was small, and we thought it presented and delivered very well. We certainly didn't leave hungry.

I would certainly go back and recommend it to anyone.

Offline julesbob0303

Re: Shaka Restaurant - Fethiye
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 19:52:51 PM »
great review.  hope the company was as good ........   :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 19:58:02 PM »
The company was very good, I didn't mention them by name in case they didn't want that  :)

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 20:00:23 PM »
Did you try the prawn cocktail?

Offline scorcher

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 20:11:05 PM »
Cold I hope ?

Offline Firo

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 20:57:55 PM »
The creamy garlic prawns sound loverly will have to give it a try soon...hope it's hot prawns... ;D 8)

Offline mac2010

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 10:11:01 AM »
Great post it is one of our favourites in fethiye.You should try the pumpkin chips and the shaka burger.A very different way of having burger and chips.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 15:37:01 PM »
We loved one of the tapas- like starters of hummus topped with olive oil and warm spicy sucuk. Absolutely delicious.

Offline Eric

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 17:01:55 PM »
That is my favourite.

Offline Lotty

Shaka Restaurant - Fethiye
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2013, 17:25:08 PM »
First visit to Shaka this time, and the food and service were great, well presented and reasonably priced. I was looking forward to it because I have a few appointments at the dentist due and wanted to really enjoy my food while I can still eat! We started with the warm hummus with spicy sucuk again and an assortment of boregi the cigar type with cheese, and some with prawns, plus some samosas, all delicious. Then I had the stuffed chicken in cream sauce and M had the rib eye steak, perfectly pink and juicy. There was more than enough food. No hesitation in recommending this to anyone.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf