Author Topic: Cycle lanes  (Read 3425 times)

Offline quackers

Re: Cycle lanes
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 14:12:18 PM »
Trouble ıs there are cars parked ın the cycle lanes and I can't remember seeıng a bicycle sıgn paınted on the road to ındıcate ıts for cyclısts. I shall have another look tomorrow.

Offline Eric

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 18:10:03 PM »
Cycle sign painted on road today as we went past all the cars parked on said cycle lane.  Loss pf parking, where do cars park now?  Loss of income for the parking company, does the cost of parking elsewhere now rise?

Offline quackers

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 18:15:54 PM »
Maybe they want us all to use the dolmus and buses.

Offline Stargazer

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2013, 19:07:34 PM »
Well, what a disaster we nearly saw today, cyclist riding from Calis to Fethiye and as there was a car parked on the cycling lane they just pulled out to overtake it and nearly got mowed down by a moped driver...how he stayed on his moped we will never know.Question is who would have been to blame had there been an accident???????

Offline migert123

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2013, 10:28:44 AM »
The cycle lanes seem to be a good idea to avoid colliding with those "racing" bicyles on the promenade. Only: the cycle lanes should be used as cycle lanes exclusively!
If they are also used as parking space, as happening at the moment, cyclist will have to switch between their lane and the road and I am afraid this will make cycling on the coast road even more dangerous.
Let's see what happens with the "illegal" parkers on the cycle lane...

Offline amca

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 12:54:54 PM »
As of 5 minutes ago, metal barriers are being erected to separate car lane and cycle lane.
Signs have been painted on some parts of cycle lane: cycles and wheelchairs.
Given time, road users will be fully aware of the new routes.

I will be very happy to sit / walk along kordon without the fear of speeding bikers of all ages and I suspect the waiters will be even more pleased.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf