Author Topic: Banks  (Read 2903 times)

Offline marka

• Newly Registered
Banks
« on: June 07, 2013, 20:26:09 PM »
Hi All

I am an owner of an apartment in Calis Beach but go to Fethiye on numerous occasions.
In 2010 I opened a bank account with Finans Bank in Fethiye to pay my bills for electric and water etc etc.
My experience lead to frustration and to date 2013 I am no further down the road and decided in 2012 to close my bank account has no bills were being paid by Direct debit.
I am now contemplating trying HSBC in Fethiye has I have a first direct account here in the UK who are part of HSBC group.
Can anyone offer me some advice on why Turkish banks seem to ignore requests to set up direct debits to pay utilities?
I have someone who lives in Turkey pay my bills and I send money to their UK bank account which seems ridiculous.
Thank you in advance

Offline Jim Fraser

Re: Banks
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 20:55:24 PM »
Marka - what excuses did Finans make for not getting the payments sorted out?

Offline quackers

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 06:03:28 AM »
You cannot pay water bılls by D/D and to set up a D/D for other bılls you need to pay the 1st one and take the bıll to the bank for them to set ıt up correctly to pay folllowıng bılls. I have used Fınans for 6 years wıth no problems for all our bılls and fınd theır e bankıng easy. HSBC turkey are not  lınked to HSBC UK. I had troubke wıth theır e bankıng so closed my account.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 07:00:40 AM »
You can set up a d/d at garanti bank to pay water bills. All my utility bills get paid this way without a hitch

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 07:18:30 AM »
We pay water & electric by DD at TEB bank.

The only confusion we have is it was said in a previous thread that you could pay SGK on line but although there is an option - they ask for the contract number and after using my kimlik number thinking this was the same number I could not get it to recognise me.

Anyone else managed to pay SGK at TEB?

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 08:36:26 AM »
I have found the HSBC to be excellent, far better customer service than the Garanti.

Offline spencer family

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 18:08:25 PM »
We have had a bank account with Finans for nearly 6 years and have never had a problem, always found them very helpful, when we first opened it we could only pay our electric bill but these past 18 months have been able to pay our water bill also, I set mine up on line, you just need the bill and use the number from this to set it up, you can also go into the branch, take your water bill with you and they will set it up for you hope this helps.   :)  :)

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 19:22:03 PM »
We pay water & electric by DD at TEB bank.

The only confusion we have is it was said in a previous thread that you could pay SGK on line but although there is an option - they ask for the contract number and after using my kimlik number thinking this was the same number I could not get it to recognise me.

Anyone else managed to pay SGK at TEB?

Hi, we also have had our water and electric on DD at TEB for the past 5 years. As to your query re SGK, it is possible to pay via TEB but you need to use a different option, can't quite remember which at the minute but when I do it again later this month I'll post on here. The payment does register, we moved recently and went to SGK to change address, which it turns out we didn't need to do as it's automatically updated, but we also checked that the payment for April we had made via TEB had gone through and it had. The lady in SGK also told us we were in advance and didn't need to pay again until June. Nice bonus !!

Offline geobabs

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 17:34:08 PM »
We pay all bills by d/d with TEB,very helpful staff

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 20:29:42 PM »
We also pay water and electric bill with d/d and use the ING Bank.  We were in to check they were being paid a couple of weeks ago, as our neighbour had his electric cut whilst he was in England, he is with another bank to us. However, on checking, everything was fine.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf