Author Topic: Cin bal kaya coy  (Read 3411 times)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Cin bal kaya coy
« on: June 10, 2013, 10:00:50 AM »
Does anyone know how much they now charge for there lamb dish ,i heard it had gone up quite a bit .

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Cin bal kaya coy
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 11:20:08 AM »
Lance, which lamb dish do you mean ? Lamb chops, lamb casserole, lamb shish, lamb tandir............??

Check-out their website at http://cinbal.com and you can ask them yourself.  :)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 15:11:39 PM »
Well after two atempts trying to get a price from them for there lamb tindar ,i give up anyone know ,i know last year it had gone up thanks .

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 16:09:39 PM »
Try asking about the lamb TANDIR and you might get a sensible answer.

Offline angela

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 16:11:48 PM »
 ;D ;D

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Cin bal kaya coy
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 17:49:17 PM »
We were really shocked at how much it's gone up here. We didnt have the tandir, we had the barbecue.
45tl just for the meat which was 6 slices of sucuk, 6 thin lamb chops, 6 meatballs,  and some liver.
They charged 8tl for a mixed salad for 1, and we had yogurt and mint for one, one portion of cheese, 6 small stuffed mushrooms, and some chips,cant remember the price breakdown of the mezes.
2 colas, one cay
Total 111tl.

The same meat pack last time we went  a few months ago was around 25tl.
So, it's definitely not a cheap meal out, but the atmosphere and cooking it yourself still make it a nice experience.
We were a little disappointed with the service, had to ask for ice 3 times, and got our chips way after we'd eaten everything else. Used to be made to feel welcome but he service seemed like they couldn't be bothered. And it want because they were busy, very few others there, which is unusual.

Sorry I don't know the price of the tandir and have gone off topic...!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 18:12:27 PM »
The quality of service at Cin Bal seems to have gone down over the years despite the huge hike in prices there. I still reckon that the Istanbul Restaurant in Kaya is far better value for money.

Offline UPtownr

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 11:37:24 AM »
When at Kayakoy already, and you want the experience of BBQueing by your table side, I suggest you give 'Kasap Mithat' (Mithat the butcher) a small family run restaurant (and motel?). I've been there twice this year, but my better half has been going there for years and I can see what she finds there. They remember your face, talk about family, the young man (Mithat's son) even remembers your music preference and adjusts the 'playlist' accordingly. They ask you if you prefer chicken or meat, and you tell them the poundage you want, 1kg, 750 grams, or 1/2 a kilo. (figure 200-250 grams per head, but when I go with my better half we go through 750gr of lamp chops. The best part is he brings a quarter lamb or so out to the garden, and starts to chop it on a wooden log, in front of you (don't worry, he is a safe distance from you   ;) The salad is how the shepperds meant it to be!, fresh bread, or toasted on the coals alongside the chops if you prefer. some truly 'home made' appetizers prepared by his wife -changing as the seasons change, but the coal grilled eggplant or pepper salads are a good standby ..and the price is still at the level of what CinBal used to be years ago. We never did beer there but 2-3 appys, 2 'light-coke's, and once 750gr lamb chops and once that much chicken thighs (tavuk pirzola) we paid 50-60 total per visit. A definite must try at least once, and certainly deserving 'the UPtown'r UPproved" seal of approval   ;)

The only reason I am mentioning this place is that i agree with the rest of the members above, the price of CinBal went up considerably as attention to detail and customers went down. and sorry, don't know how much we paid for the 'Kuzu TANDIR' but for a group of six we paid over 300 TL (only one beer, though plenty of meats -nothing extra, whatever they brought out for 6 +one serving of TANDIR to taste)

You can see pictures https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.585672834791251.1073741842.576600659031802&type=3 and http://www.flickr.com/photos/uptownr/sets/72157634489556351/

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Cin bal kaya coy
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 11:58:40 AM »
I've known Mithat for around 15 years he used to be at Muzzys place in the old Cavusoglu days when they ran it together.
He used to do lamb in the oven on a Sunday and I've never tasted better anywhere since and lovely barbecues around the pool.
We have eaten at his place a few times since, always very laid back, service is slow because everything is prepared when you arrive, so don't visit when you're starving.
Relax, chill and enjoy his garden and the sounds of the village.
He's a lovely man, and yes a lovely family.
It's easy to miss his place when looking for somewhere to eat as its slightly out of the village on the Gemiler road, a few metres down from the clock on the right hand side.Definitely worth a visit.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 15:49:49 PM »
Do we know if Mithat still does slow lamb on Sundays?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 16:13:50 PM by nichola »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf