Author Topic: Fibre Net ?  (Read 2539 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Fibre Net ?
« on: July 07, 2013, 13:46:14 PM »
I was speaking with TT Net customer services today and asked if Broadband was available yet in my area, she told me that it wasn't but I can have Fibre Net which she told me had the same sort of speeds as broadband.

Just wondering if anyone has any info about Fibre Net ?

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: Fibre Net ?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 15:00:19 PM »
Broadband, as opposed to narrow band voice service, has always been available in your area, its what you are using currently.

The fibre (fibrenet) service should be an improvement on what you've got at the moment, although be careful the 20meg service is not a fibre service but in fact an ADSL2+ service, rather than your current ADSL service.  So if you want the 'real' fibre net service (a fibre service to the road cabinet some where near to your home and then a copper pair of wires (that you currently are using) to your home, then:

(a) you may not be able to get it or perhaps get it but the speeds are not as advertised
or
(b) like the ADSL2 and 2+ service in Turkey the fibrenet services will not give you a guaranteed minimum service as they do in most other countries in the world, and the service could fall well short of the advertised 20,35, 50 and 100 meg services.

But in general you will get an improvement from any step up in service, particularly in the upload speed, but as most people use the service for mainly downstream activities like streaming for TV etc., that advantage may not be so noticable.  You just have to balance the risk of the increased price you pay and what service you ACTUALLY get from the fibrenet service (whether it be 20, 35, 50 or 100 meg!!) and you will probably not know that until they install it!!

Be very interested to hear what does happen, if you do go ahead with the upgrade.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Re: Fibre Net ?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 15:52:01 PM »
George I have the fibre net package 49tl a month when I took it out first 3 months free, I get 13mb/s (package is 14) I use it to stream TV, even though it is unlimited it has fair use policy, it drops to 3mbs after you have used 100gb, for the rest of the month. I make sure when we are not watching tv we do not leave the dream box on.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Fibre Net ?
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 16:19:53 PM »
Thanks both for your replies, it does seem a bit of a minefield and because I've only recently taken out the unlimited Internet package (about 104 lira per month) TTNET are telling me that I'm currently tied into that contract. If that's the case then I've told them that they must deliver me a minimum 8mb connection which was also part of my contract.

They're sending an engineer and I'm not holding my breath !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf