Author Topic: For Animal Lovers Only!  (Read 1475 times)

Offline Swampy

« on: July 09, 2013, 15:17:06 PM »
Hello Cat Lovers:  My name is Marcia.  Some of you might know me because of all the cats I take care of.  When my husband and I moved to Calis, cat after cat showed up on our doorstop ill or starving.  We have never turned any cat away.  Many decided to stick around.  We have given them food, shelter, medical care (with the help of the fantastic vet, Serkan), and lots of love.  At the moment there are about 18.  Each one is special and we love them all.  We have tried time after time to get homes for them, to no avail.

Sadly, we must leave Turkey in August.  We are desperate to find homes or some kind of care solution for as many of our cat friends as possible before then.  Here is the list of the main characters:

A feral mother, Mahmalade lives on the back porch with her two 3-1/2 month old calico girls, BooBoo and Pumpkin.  The kittens are impossibly precious and also people friendly.  Mahmalade also brought us a mostly white daughter, Lily, from an earlier litter.  Lily looks delicate and is a bit shy and sometimes skittish, but is a strong and sweet kitty.  She has a lovely ginger and white half brother named Bean, who loves to climb on roofs, drink water from the bathroom tap, and cuddle.  Another mother cat (who is NOT feral, and loves to just be loved), Kali, brought us her two boys, Oz and Kirmi (one ginger and white, the other white with clown spots), and they are both shy but incredibly sweet and close to their mum.  B.G. is a ginger fellow with an incredibly docile and patient nature.  He gets along with everyone.   Bear is a very handsome and independent, mostly white, cat with some black and gray markings.  Crockett is a beauty and loves to chat a lot.  She should be in the beauty contest circuit.  Poirot is our most recent urchin.  He's mostly white, and quite small.  He's a nice little guy and SO wants a home.  Also, he loves to play with the kittens and sleep on the back porch.  There's Skreech who is so adorable you just want to squeeze her.  Skreech is very independent, but loves to talk and have attention while she's eating.  Last, but definitely not least, is Mugzy.  Mugzy is a bit famous.  Some of you may already know of him.  He's the cat that trekked from Calis to Uzumlu on his own, not once but FOUR times, and survived.  He's a beautiful, very unique cat who loves adventure and people.  And raw chicken breast.  We call him The Kitty Different.  I tried to post photos of each of the cats, but I was unsuccessful, alas.

There are several more characters that come to us on a regular basis, but we believe they have other places they go to, so we are not quite as worried about them.

We love them all and it is absolutely breaking our hearts that we have to leave and do not have a place we can take them to.  If you, or anyone you know, wants to help any of these amazing little beings, or has some viable solution, please, please contact me here and I will be happy to give more details and my contact info.  We would feel so much better if we knew there was some hope for our friends.

Thank you very much!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf