Author Topic: Infinity the jewellers in Paspatur  (Read 4196 times)

Offline Rosy

Infinity the jewellers in Paspatur
« on: July 10, 2013, 07:51:45 AM »
Is anyone else having difficulties with them? My daughter bought an engagement ring, a Tissott watch and two wedding rings from them, Her first problem was wanting a yellow gold engagement ring in the same design as the white gold. They very helpfully said they could change it for the gold she wanted. She was delighted and agreed, this they did whilst we drank endless chi and she was pleased  with the result. Next the diamond from her ring fell out and was put back in by an English jeweler  who said it was so poorly crafted it was a wonder it made it out of the shop, without falling apart.Then we had problems with all the sophisticated functions of the Tissott watch which was sent back to the factory and repaired, we thought properly at the time. Following on from this saga she went back to Infinity to choose her wedding rings and so far so good no problems! I guess not much can go wrong with wedding bands.But whilst there they did the let's clean your ring to make it look like new, well they certainly succeeded as when they brought it back from cleaning it had magically changed from yellow gold to white gold, so clearly not a copy of the original ring but simply gold painted to look like gold on the original one!!!!!

However the wonderful AND expensive Tissott watch again developed problems which required sending it back to the Tissott factory 5 weeks again. Despite numerous phone calls, an e mail which claimed to respond in 24 hours (and did not) and visits to the shop they are no nearer to returning the watch repaired, although they keep claiming it will only take a day or two to be sorted each time we harras them.

This is not a cheap jewelers, they claim to be the best and to give good service. All we can say is buyer beware and advise that you visit other shops which are aimed at giving good service as so many do, rather than go to the shop that caters mainly for tourists and are blatantly disinterested once they have sold the goods.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Infinity the jewellers in Paspatur
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 08:17:03 AM »
I was sorry to hear of your problems Rosy.

We have used Infinity in Olu deniz for many years now and have never had a problem.

Offline Rosy

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 08:33:51 AM »
we are very patient people who rarely complain, but as you can see from the saga enough is enough. Have managed to get through twice on the phone today, first call asked me to phone again as 9am is too early, then when I finally got back to them he promised to reply in the next 10mins but guess what................. no response.  I can understand why people get irate. They wont be getting recommendations from us in the future.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 09:08:48 AM »
Go in and demand to speak with Civan the owner!

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 09:39:19 AM »
not the first shop to miraculously change the colour of a ring from yellow to white and vice verse.  A friend has this problem every year she goes out, yet she still insists they are correct in the lies and excuses they tell, so I give up. 

I am now very careful if I buy jewellery in  Turkey and tend to stick with costume out there.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 10:07:52 AM »
My understanding has always been that there is no such thing as white gold.   Gold is yellow and to obtain rose coloured gold it is mixed with an alloy - the same with white gold which is quite often rhodium plated to enhance the white effect.

http://www.18carat.co.uk/whatiswhitegold.html

Offline Rosy

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 10:33:20 AM »
Because the stories change each time we get a response, I have managed to anger the staff by asking who is telling the truth them or Tissot. I have asked that they send the watch back today without repair by courier and we will take it to UK and get a reputable company to sort it. We are also in contact with Tissot headquarters in Switzerland by e mail as this issue is giving their company a bad name. I have told them that I will go into their shop on Saturday to collect the watch which should be here if their latest estimate of two days via Courier service is a correct one. They are aware that I have commented on CBF and will be putting their response on here. We gave them the go ahead to get it repaired at our cost on 12th June and was given a 3 - 5 day estimate for completion of work. It is now 10th July so think it is reasonable for a resolution/return of the goods. a.s.a.p.  Still waiting for a response from the e mail on their contact page of their website which states a response will be given in 24 hours ( 48 hours later). They take no responsibility as they say they are only agents for Tissot, my advice is do not buy this make of watch from them as they cannot guarantee after sales service if things do not work out.

Offline ceni

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 11:47:56 AM »
That's such a shame as infinity used to be one of the best and honest places to buy in Fethiye area. 10 years ago we bought from them, from the OLu Deniz store a 7 diamond eternity ring and my Tissot watch, both I am still wearing to this day. The watch has just had it's 3rd battery put in and has never needed any repairs, the eternity ring has been cleaned a few times but still looks perfect.

It's a real shame when "customer service" lets a good place down especially as in some businesses over there they will bend over backwards to put right a mistake..

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 13:00:43 PM »
I have bought from a local jeweller in Fethiye for over 20 years and never had a problem.
I prefer the smaller shops.
To be fair it is not their fault the Tissot watch is faulty but their customer service appears to be dire.
Too many places nowadays only interested in sales.

Offline Rosy

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 19:47:30 PM »
Another waste of time. Called into Infinity to collect the watch unrepaired as requested. We have contacted Tissot in Switzerland who are trying their best to resolve this issue. In order to do this they require the repair Number and/or model number, Infinity say they do not have this information???? If not ,why not? It was supposed to be sent via courier on Wednesday from Istanbul with an expected delivery date Friday, gave them until Saturday to allow an extra day to be delivered. We did not get any helpful service, and have reached the stage of becoming angry with their  cavalier attitude towards us. Tissot on the other hand want to provide customer satisfaction and are eager to sort this amicably. Never again will we, or our guests, buy from Infinity they are eager to take your money but clearly have no interest after that. Infinity  state that they are just agents for Tissot, and as such  it has taken them weeks to get any response from Tissot, whereas one e mail to them from us resulted in a positive response. Hopefully it will get sorted via the professional Swiss company, if left to Infinity we will still be waiting for action at Christmas.!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf