Author Topic: More tourists coming to Fethiye  (Read 7680 times)

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Re: More tourists coming to Fethiye
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 22:32:36 PM »
Oop's - typo should have read '- '0.5% v Last year, "GBP 1 = EUR 1.1529 -0.0053 (-0.5%)"
That's the daily change, as in the difference from the current rate versus the previous day. 

Would you like a shovel?

JF

Deary me, experiencing more 'blonde/senile moments than I realised!  Ok, the £ is nearly as bad/good as it was 2 years ago but, still much better than a few years ago when it was near parity, don't you think?

http://www.ecb.int/stats/exchange/eurofxref/html/eurofxref-graph-gbp.en.html  (2 year spread)

http://www.ecb.int/stats/exchange/eurofxref/html/eurofxref-graph-gbp.en.html  (5 year spread)

You can keep your shovel John, you've more use for it than I  :)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 22:41:26 PM »
I don't think anything - at least nothing I'd like to share on an open forum when it comes to "the shovel".

Please be more careful when posting information like this, there are those who actually do believe everything they read on an internet forum.

JF

Offline Menthol

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 23:27:46 PM »
Please be more careful when posting information like this, there are those who actually do believe everything they read on an internet forum.

JF

I don't believe you.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2013, 23:37:58 PM »
Anybody like to apologise to me?  As I said the pound is in dire straits against the Euro and every day is slipping more, I may be blonde but I'm not stupid!!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 23:47:00 PM »
£/Euro 06/03 1.1664

£/Euro 29/07 1.1605

Hardly in free fall  :)

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 23:59:55 PM »
Best rate locally is 1.12   three weeks ago 1.15 not freefall but  nothing like as good as it was a year ago.  Anyway had enough, going to bed, all these mathematics this time of night is doing my blonde head in!  ;)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2013, 00:27:02 AM »
Anybody like to apologise to me?  As I said the pound is in dire straits against the Euro and every day is slipping more, I may be blonde but I'm not stupid!!!
Ok, I'm really sorry - not sure for what, but if it makes you happy...

£/Euro 06/03 1.1664

£/Euro 29/07 1.1605

Hardly in free fall   :)
Ha ha, selective data.  As the original post was all about the past twelve months, once you take last summers rates of €1.20+ it is a fair drop and hopefully its almost bottomed out. 

Incidentally, today you could buy at €1.138 at M&S if you have one of their CC's or €1.134 at Thomas Cook over the counter.

JF

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2013, 06:53:53 AM »
Not sure about Calis , but the number of `brit` visitors were  well down during May and June in Hisaronu, but plenty of turks about during late June early July .

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2013, 10:44:02 AM »

:) I was wrong to use last years figures for comparison echogirl & my initial reply could have been better phrased, sorry for that, it was a bit school-marmy  :)

According to an article in the Fethiye Times yesterday, figures for visitors/tourists are up on last year!.  That's definitely not what most people are saying or seeing..... figures eh  ;)

Offline Christie

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2013, 11:22:46 AM »
in the four weeks we were there in june Calis was much quieter, backed up by most  people we spoke to.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf