Author Topic: shops and bars in Fethiye?  (Read 2140 times)

Offline Todder

shops and bars in Fethiye?
« on: July 31, 2013, 11:09:17 AM »
staying in ovacik most trips, I always enjoy a visit to fethiye.
now I have been told the best place for shops and bars is near the mosque?
I have also been told to get off the dolmus at the last stop? but when I ask the driver for the last stop he always tells me the otogar (bus station) is the last stop?
I know the bus station very well, I know the harbour quite well, I know where the Tuesday market is.
so is there an area where all the shops and bars are?
if so can you direct me from the bus station or the harbour please?

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: shops and bars in Fethiye?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 11:53:08 AM »
The last stop of the dolmus is in the streets behind the mosque.  Not to be confused with the main otogar near the crossroads.
If you wander to the left you'll soon be in the thick of the shops and restaurants.  The fish market, Pataspur ect are all in this area.

Offline Todder

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 12:36:16 PM »
thanks Anne,
but I am still confused, are you saying go left out of the main bus station? or go left when I reach the harbour?

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 12:44:17 PM »
Get off the dolmus where it stops behind the moque. Walk up the slight hill to the top of the road and turn right. Keep walking along that road and follow the road round the bend, towards the end of it near the sea front you will get to the main shopping area.

Offline George Warner

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 13:22:06 PM »
Do not be confused with the Otogar[the main big bus terminal and the Dolmus terminal]If you are coming from Ovacik you will be on a Dolmus therefore you will get off at the last stop for the Dolmus i;e the big Mosque, on the way you will pass the get off place for the Tuesday Market which you say you know.
After getting off the Dolmus walk along the road with the Mosque on your right hand side and the corner cafe on your left away from the direction of the Tuesday market,you will now be heading towards the fish market,about 250-- 300 metres on your right,were you to walk through the fish market you would come out facing "De Facto"[Clothing],turn right walk 50 meters on the corner on your left will be" Ramazan"[Clothing]turn left and from here on keep your plastic in your wallet,walk through the shopping lane you will be facing the entrance to Paspatur on the other side of the road,here you will find the Duck Pond Restaurant and others, multiple leather,carpet, jewellers,turkish delight and spice outlets various nightclubs [Discos] and the Old PaspaturTurkish Bath,--Hope this helps.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 14:11:42 PM »
Sorry Todder, I was giving directions from our Calis domus which is at another stop in the same area. 

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 22:16:32 PM »
The best way to know it is the last stop is when everyone gets off. This time of year it's pretty busy at the last stop and it will be fairly obvious you have arrived.

If you walk down to the mosque on the corner and turn left it will take you two minutes to walk into town. Stay on the same side of the road and you will cross three small roads after that take a left, any left and you'll find yourself in amongst the shops restaurants and bars area.

Hope this helps.

Offline Todder

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 10:36:47 AM »
thanks guys that's a big help, but I will still get lost on my next trip. oh well it will still be fun. cheers 8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf