Author Topic: Cancelling Digiturk  (Read 7844 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Cancelling Digiturk
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 21:37:34 PM »
Bloody good value at Koray's though

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 22:28:27 PM »
Yes, always helpful in there.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 07:01:05 AM »
Sorry to hear you are having these problems - you think you have done everything correctly, as per their instructions, then wham they move the goalposts. 

For a couple of years, we resisted getting Digiturk because of all the horror stories we heard from people trying to cancel.

We will wait with trepidation to see if we have any repercussions.  Thankfully, I have emails from them so fingers crossed!!

One day after cancellation we received a text offering Lig TV and movies for 20.90 tl for the year!

Offline janmack

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2013, 07:47:56 AM »
Phil went in to cancel ours earlier this week.  Girl took a copy of his passport and his telephone number and said Istanbul office will be in touch and our contract we will be terminated on October 3rd.  Haven't heard anything since.  I keep telling Phil that no way is it going to be that simple!!!  We shall wait and see what happens on the 3rd...fun times ahead I think :(

Offline davybill

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2013, 08:25:29 AM »
We phoned IStanbul,press 9  for english speaking then went digiturk shop copied passport and had phone number
Waited for a month phoned again and they said  no more to pay ,and its finished,
much to my amazement.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2013, 08:33:04 AM »
Does anyone want a digiturk box? we cancelled 5 years ago, never took the box back, not heard a thing, sod them.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2013, 08:44:24 AM »
funny enough we took ours into fethiye shop thursday to cancel he said ok.i signed for it to be cancelled and he said bring into shop october as you have to give notice

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2013, 14:44:23 PM »
Well, someone on Facebook suggested I see if there's any drop down boxes on Internet banking and pay it.
They also said why should I pay the solicitor when it's Digiturk that have employed him.

So, went online and there were 2 payments showing, total 64 tl. One for the whole of Feb, and a part of March, which would tally as although contract started in feb they didnt collect first payment til mid march. So have paid, and had receipts emailed to me.

Have just written in my best Turkish to explain why I didn't pay before to their solicitor and will send receipts recorded delivery.
Fingers crossed it will be the end of it. But not holding my breath.

Insallah.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf