Author Topic: Which Member would you most like to meet for 1st time & have a drink with ?  (Read 10078 times)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Many Forum Members have never met for whatever reason. Who would you most like to meet, & perhaps have a drink with ?

I will realise my own "burning ambition" this weekend, when I meet Lance.   ;) (Only because I have a wee pressie for him! ) Just kiddin' Lance. C'mon folks, seriously, who would it be??  ;D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
I've met loads of members of course but still some I hope to cross paths with. Notably Pookie, we have missed each other by days with our holiday dates so many times it's untrue. Also (but no exclusively) Steve B (supposed to join us on a boat trip and missed the bus...), Suzzpuss, for some reason I'd like to meet Des (Martinson) for a beer, bewva, fletch, saoirse to name just a few.

But like I say, I'm lucky to have met thousands of CBF members already  :)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Met quite a few but my ambition to meet (properly - we did bump into each other very briefly at the Sunday market last year) and get a beer out of Highlander was achieved in June. I'm sure he left me the bill to pay though ;-)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Mine is actually you Gordon and Loz you sound like a smashing couple and Gordon you just give me so many laughs, also would love to meet Highlander...
I have been privileged to meet Keith and Julie (not together)  ;) Julesbob and she is lovely and we have an "internet" friendship now, also would like to meet Jacqui Harvey as she sounds lovely too and has given me lots of advice and stuff on here over the years, and also great tips for when shoes and handbag sales have started or there is a discount on somewhere....  ;D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Problem with threads like this is if nobody wants to meet you :(

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
We have now met a lot of members and enjoyed speaking to them all. Including Keith, Highlander, and the lovely Brenda, Anne and lots of the members from the 3C's George, Chrissie, Peter.  We met Lottie and Toky this last time. Always meet up with Jim Fraser and he and Helen come over for a drink. Enjoyed meeting them all.  Hope to meet Karen one day and catch up with how Minnie is getting on.  I am happy to meet any member.  I always look out for Des but we have never seen him, he must keep a low profile.
I think if people have an avatar of themselves it's quite easy to recognise them.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Or a badge  ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Yes, I have my badge, but I hope the other members have theirs in a prominent position so I can spot it...now wait for the jokes. ;D  ;)

Offline Susiepink

You couldn't miss Gordon could you ?!!

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
As we holiday in Ovacik & Hisaronu I have not (knowingly) met more than a couple of members. but we have a regular good banter in the 'chat' with Highlander, Scunner, Suzzpuss and GordonA, among others, it would be good to catch up away from cyber space. I didn't spot any badges on my recent trip but then I left mine on the kitchen windowsill. Doh.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf