Author Topic: lost wedding ring  (Read 4299 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: lost wedding ring
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 21:43:56 PM »
Dont ask why it is called rabbit bay.

According to Jerry they (the rabbits) swam to the bay from another one.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 22:00:46 PM »
As in the UK if you lose something of value you report it, it need not be stolen.  In the Uk you are given a crime number to present to your insurance company that you have lost item of value.  By doing this the insurance are more likely to pay out.  The claim then gets filed, should the person continue to claim that is when fraud flags up. 
In Turkey, you report a loss to the police, they are not interested but will give you a number, again this number can be asked by the travel insurance or the house insurance to validate the claim. 

I am returning to the UK to report and claim for my 10 carat diamond tiara, but not to worry they will believe me   ;)

Offline Fran

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 22:20:22 PM »
In the uk you can report any lost items to the police and they will give you a lost property number, these items are then checked against found property, and occasionally some kind person will have handed the item in, and hey presto you get it back.

Offline Rosy

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2013, 11:01:29 AM »
The insurers said they had to report it to the police, which they duly did and were laughed at by them, so no reported number just fingers crossed that they may be covered. Son in law is heartbroken to have lost it, and he has very bad earache too, thanks to my daughter!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 13:38:33 PM »
Lost my gold watch in Istanbul.  The Hotel sent a member of staff with us to the Police Station.  I filled in a report, got a Police reference number.  I claimed on my travel insurance and was paid out for the lost watch.
So don't believe everything you read from people with no experience ofclaiming for a loss abroad.
  ;)  :)

Offline Menthol

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 21:53:29 PM »
I believe Jacqui every time.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf