Author Topic: Thermal Club Sarıgerme  (Read 5096 times)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Re: Thermal Club Sarıgerme
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 14:40:29 PM »
You don't specify where this facility would be, but mention Sarigerme thermal water, so I'm guessing it will be located there?
Personally I feel that Sarigerme is one of the few hidden treasures left and should be left as it is. There are big hotels there but they've been made sympathetically to the surroundings and are unobtrusive.
The little town has just enough facilities without being tacky.
No rip off prices, reminds me of Olu Deniz 20 years ago, outstanding natural beauty, limited menu from a wooden shack. It's lovely.it still feels like Turkey, not many places do now.

I'm not a fan of modern facilities in unspoilt areas.
I know you mention Jiva resort... Sorry but I think it's ugly and spoils that end of the beach, we all know what happens here, open one lighting shop and 10 more will appear next door, sadly that will likely happen down in Koca Calis too, it will be full of all inclusive 5 star hotels and many restaurants and hotels will end up closing as a result. The resort many fell in love with will be totally different.

The Therme Maris Hotel in Dalaman offers thermal pool facilities and only a handful of people from here have visited, myself included. I certainly wouldn't want a yearly membership.
Dalyan is lovely for the thermal pool and mud bath experience and is lovely to take family and friends to visit on holiday, but I don't think many would go regularly for the health benefits if they had yearly membership.
We have tennis courts locally to us, and rarely see anyone other than Turkish children and adults using the facility. The ex pat population locally here tend to be a little older and fitness activities don't tend to be over subscribed.

I hope my input is useful. Obviously my opinions don't represent everyone, I tend to still live in the old days, in the Fethiye area I fell in love with many years ago and don't necessarily like all of the changes taking place locally. Many people love the changes.
Hopefully others will give you their feelings too.

I think coming onto a big forum to get ideas before starting such a big project was very sensible. Many businesses come and go because they don't do their research.

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 15:51:42 PM »
I decided not to delete the topic initially because I found myself in charitable mood

Can tell you are not on your non-drinking mode then  ;) 

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 15:54:32 PM »
I am actually :D

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, 16:14:19 PM »
I am actually :D

Ooops............never get it right!

Offline tiguan

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 08:40:12 AM »
Thanks kayakebap for your feedback.

I had in mind to create a place where everybody can spend their time entertain get the benefits of thermal water inside green. I do not want a hotel. Just to use whole land as an entertainment park. Not to touch the trees (as min. as I can).

Below want to share the concept.

But I understand location will not be interesting for Fethiye even there will be shuttle.
As a result I can come to a point keep the land as it is for the future. I am making selling aggreements with hotels for the water already. But wanted an address for myself maybe   :)

Lets try to understand the potential closer to sarıgerme finally and then decide. If there is not just sell water  :)

Offline tiguan

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2013, 08:41:58 AM »
Firstly Apologies Tiguan, My reply was posted to put a (funny?)  comment on regarding a thermal spa & hot water it was not meant to offend or for you to relinquish your membership so for that I apologise.
For what its worth I holiday in the Fethiye area a few times a year and possibly visit Saregerme beach at least once during that time. I probably would not though visit a thermal spa. I am not there in the winter months though but do feel that it is probably a bit far for me to consider it being a regular thing.
sorry for misunderstanding...

Offline lissa

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2013, 18:13:48 PM »
I cannot agree that the hotels are unobtrusive. the Hilton and also the Thomson AI holiday village are very large, at the end of the road admittedly but hardly unobtrusive. Many of the hotels in Sarigerme are all inclusive so this limits the amount of business any restaurant or bar outside of these hotels can do. There is a  limited number of people on bed and breakfast board in this area This is not so in Calis, Fethiye and Oludeniz areas.Though I am not a great fan of all inclusive hotels, these are popular with many visitors here so there is a need for these if we are not to lose out to other resorts. I am sure many other people will still continue to use the existing hotels in Calis, Fethiye, Ovacik and Oludeniz that are not all inclusive, but there is an increasing number of people wanting all inclusive, not just British tourists though. I am also not a fan of modern facilities in unspoilt areas but know places have to move on and evolve, whether I like it or not. I first visited Oludeniz around 30 years ago and there was nothing there, but equally food available was not good, little could be purchased in the shops either there or in Fethiye. even basic items were difficult to find. Once this whole area started to develop, other goods started to become available, unfortunately ,this seemed to not be possible without the development.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf