Author Topic: Dare I say.. :-X  (Read 13397 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Dare I say.. :-X
« on: December 08, 2013, 16:03:56 PM »
On Friday we finally signed the contract on the Uk house for completion on 16th December. At the beginning of this crazy journey the Great Scunner told me to expect the unexpected..and boy does that man know his stuff...and so the tale begins, unfortunately not one of those and we saw sun over the mountains story,s

Lying on a boat in the middle of the med, thinking how clever we were about our Uk buyers and at last finding our Turkish home, the mobile went, it was the  Agent in Uk to tell us our buyer Mrs M  had lost her buyer and would not be proceeding..spent the rest of the afternoon, pacifying each other, and saying it was early days, of course we could still complete in time for Turkish house sale. Spent the next few weeks having some very strange people traipsing through our house every weekend, and a few evenings too. Offers were in abundance, at a silly price, once we told them we were going to Turkey to live. Then out of the blue, Buyer Mrs M decides she still wants to buy as she now has a seller, great..we are back in the game. Buyer Mrs M, rings and says it,s ok, survery on her house is ok and as she was offered a mortgage before it would all run smoothly..HA!  Two weeks later, no survey, Buyer Mrs M rings to say she doesn't have a mortgage after all, as she has been refused..would we wait for another couple of weeks while mortgage advisor sorts her our another one. So of course I said yes. She even says she has a solicitor in place, so I,m thinking ok, she's just having a run of bad luck, and agree to get a solicitor with the same company to speed things up so we don't have to wait for post etc. In the meantime, she calls me one evening and asks to buy our washing machine and condenser dryer, I offer it for £100, she agrees..of course she's a serious buyer..HA! Back at the ok coral, we receive word off our Turkish Solicitor, and rush off merrily to the bank and transfer £6k to our nice shiney Turkish account. Time goes on, no word from Buyer Mrs M, days pass. I call our agent, no word, so I ring her mobile, no answer.  I rang her house phone, and she tells me she only has been offered a mortgage for £75k..and that SHE WAS REALLY STRESSED, but I wasn't to worry as she was going to ask for some more money..(err didn't you do that first time??) I asked her where did that leave me come next week and you don't have a full mortgage, she said she didn't know.. House goes back on the market, redcuced for a quick sale.

Turkish solicitor emails, asking when we are going to transfer funds, as bank haven't received it..so £6k has vanished into the ether. I start ringing around uk bank, who pass me around and still can't offer an answer. Sends all receipts to Turkish solicitor who is a good as gold and tells me to phone English bank for a transfer number and he will trace it. After several calls later and 2 days later, they give me the number, and I send it to Turkish bank and solicitor. Two more days, Turkish solicitor gets in touch to tell me they have found it. The Uk bank had put the wrong name on it..letter of apology but no explanation from uk bank follows the following weekend.

In the mean time, more strange people and stranger offers are coming to my door. I am a little wound up by this point and Slik, bless him, tells me to start thinking about Turkish house and furnishing etc, it will be ok. I then spot Pi55ys advert on here, advertising some lovely bedroom furniture and other bits at a good price. I contacted her and explained we wouldn't be out until January, could they stay were they where. Pi55y agreed and we knew it could happen, but the owners of the villa furniture were having trouble selling their villas and so furniture would probably be ok. Arranged with the lovely Bekir from Eren spot to pick it up, and reassemble at new place in January.  Paid up and was once again quite happy with myself. and felt a bit more positive about the move.

Sat chilling out with a drink watching TV, looks at wall behind tv and there is a huge damp patch. Calls Slik at work, and the next day, the damp has expanded. Calls in damp expert, guttering has broken and flashing has come away from chimney breast. More Money..then a call from the Agent, it would appear that buyer Mrs M had been given a mortgage after all. Would I take it off the market, not bloody likely was my reply, but she can proceed with her surveys etc. Logs into forum, to see that owners of villa have miraculously sold their villas, and I had until the following Monday to remove stuff. Couldn't arrange it, so sadly had to have a refund. Although I was happy for the owners to have finally found a buyer, thoughts were with Pi55y worked hard to set it up and get the payment, so I felt bad for both her and me.

Completed some more paper work with solicitor. still no sign of a surveyor. Gets an email from Turkish solicitor asking me to complete on the place the following Monday and to send 100k..never wrote an email so fast in my life to say there had been a mistake, luckily, someone with same surname is using him too, and the email had gone to the wrong address. During all of this drama, I had to have some surgery and was off work for 4 weeks, so you can imagine how crap I was feeling, just by that alone without all of this too.

Survey was completed last week and we went to solicitor Friday to complete the last of the paperwork. The completion date for UK is 16th December. We will be homeless and still have to give a months notice at work. We also can't get a short 6 week let through an agent, it's 6 months minimum.. Homeless for Christmas.

Our Turkish solicitor has contacted us to say the military checks back and we are good to go,So fingers crossed good people we will be on the 10.50 Thomas Cook flight to Antalya on 21st January on a one way ticket, or in Broadmoor after I have totally flipped out.

A huge Great Big Thank you to the lovely Aisha,(Menthol) who has kept me reasonably sane, positive and smiling through all of this Drama, despite being really ill herself and in the process of buying too.

So here is  to a Merry Christmas , my last one here, for now, and a Very Happy Healthy New Year.

Slik and Bernie
xx
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 16:47:48 PM by slikmrs »

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Re: Dare I say.. :-X
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 17:53:41 PM »
merry xmas and good luck for the new year at your new place in the sun

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 17:57:44 PM »
That was lovely to read- thanks for taking the time to share.  I wish you all the very best and good fortune in your new home.  Please do write again when you have time.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 18:12:34 PM »

So happy for you! xx

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 18:28:23 PM »
Well done slik and slikmrs.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 18:58:08 PM »
All the very best to you both, look forward to an update when you have the time. x

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 21:55:17 PM »
Thanks all, next instalment next week, probably from a park bench somewhere   ;)

Offline Marggie

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 07:23:47 AM »
All the very best to you both.

Offline tuzlachap

• AWAY TOO MUCH!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 08:44:37 AM »
I promise you that in six months time, whilst lying in the warm sun, it all will really seem like a long past bad dream. 8) 8)

TC

Offline Janbee

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 16:32:01 PM »
Good luck to you both!  8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf