Author Topic: maximum residency term before April.  (Read 7349 times)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Re: maximum residency term before April.
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 10:57:48 AM »
A couple on our complex took out a 5 year residency  last January and are wondering if they are ok till jan 2018, I advised them to check with passport police, as things change here like the weather.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 12:47:39 PM »
New rules for residency start April as far as I am aware. I hope not January, as we are only going now, to ensure residency for 5 years and to get back to uk before our grandchild is born in March. Otherwise we would have not given up our jobs, and waited in the Uk until after.

Karoke Mark got residency this week for 3 years for someone.

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 13:15:25 PM »
I'm out in February to sort a place to live, Bernie, and could do my own residency then. But I don't think we can get Mr WB or our daughter out there before April - hubby maybe, but she's got exams from April onwards - taking her out of school for a couple of weeks just before wouldn't be the best idea....  :(

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 15:37:37 PM »
I don't want to discourage anyone, but I'm sure I read somewhere that no matter what period your RP is for if you are out of Turkey for more than 6 months they "may" cancel it.

Maybe someone with more knowledge could clarify this for you. If you are going to be living here semi-permanently then obviously it doesn't apply.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 15:46:53 PM »
My friend, a home owner, renewed her residency 2 weeks ago, on a passport with over 9 years to run & was allowed only 3 years, hence my thoughts that the new laws came into effect Jan 1st

Offline Marggie

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 17:27:29 PM »
When the new laws do come in in April, the maximum residency period will be one year.  That is how it stands at the moment, but things could well change before then. 

As I understand it, until then if it is your first application or if you rent your property you will b e granted a 3 year residency permit.

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 18:12:40 PM »
It's worrying/irritating/frustrating - but totally unsurprising  ;D - that there's still so much unknown about the new process when there's only two and a half months to go.

If they could realise they're not ready and delay it all by a few months so my lot can get their three years sorted before it all changes, that'd be grand!

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2014, 18:22:35 PM »
I went with our friends on Monday and Ilkner a sworn translator. They have owned a property for nine years and were only allowed to do residency for a maximum 3 years first time, when we enquired the change came a few weeks ago. The law changes again in April at the moment it will allow only one year at a time (As Ilkner said anything can happen).
My residency which I took for 5 years runs out on the 5th March we asked when we could renew it, the very polite and helpful man on the desk told us 20th Feb. and we can do another 5 years as a renewal, but again after April they do not know. our friends collected theirs this morning ready after 4 days.
Mark

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2014, 22:23:18 PM »
I renewed my residency on 18th December for 5 years.  8)

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2014, 22:34:21 PM »
Are we all going to the same place to renew or does this alter from place to place?
Hamlet,is this your first residency?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf