Author Topic: Aljazeera Saturday Football finished :-(  (Read 4726 times)

Offline Sleuth

Aljazeera Saturday Football finished :-(
« on: January 12, 2014, 15:36:07 PM »
Had a  feeling it wouldn`t last... a big loss to us avid football  fans  in Turkey    :( and the Bars and Restaurants this season  :(  The luxury of choosing a `live` premiership game to watch on a Saturday.... through the arab Aljazeera media  in a bar or Restaurant  in Turkey is  over   :( The watchable range is now being restricted just to Africa  and the Arab countries
So its just Sky Sports 1 and 2  and BT Sports   the occasional early game on a Saturday and of course Sundays game/s    and mid week games..  and if the bars and restaurants can only get these matches through the internet then they will not get good picture  quality .
But Saturdays wont  ever be the same again  :(   I  and many others will miss it  :(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Aljazeera Saturday Football finished :-(
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 15:38:37 PM »
Nothing better about being abroad than watching a Saturday 3pm k.o. Premiership match  :)

Sad news indeed.

Offline davybill

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 15:42:23 PM »
I thought they have just changed there names to BEIN sports

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 15:53:50 PM »
The luxury of choosing a `live` premiership game to watch on a Saturday.... through the arab Aljazeera media  in a bar or Restaurant  in Turkey is  over 

Its only over for those bars that don't have a decent internet connection. 

Yes, they are now known as beIN Sports Channels although I did notice a feed recently that had the Al Jaz branding - not sure if the beIN branding is for whole network.

JF

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 16:27:29 PM »
Well I was able to watch in my usual bar Crystal Palace play some team or other, and no problems at all, noticed the change of brand to Bein (thought it was French!!), but everything else was the same.  Including scores from other games during the televised match and the goals and summaries from those other games at half-time and full-time.

Now who was that horrible other team in the match .... something should be done about cos it was disturbing all the cats and dogs who happened to look at the screen.  Mind you by all accounts their manager is a Gooner.

Offline Jack13

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 17:16:33 PM »
just came home after watching the Newcastle man city game in the meribar. good quality picture but Arabic commentary. al Jazeera only got the contract last year and suddenly all gone. just wondering what next? such a pain with no live football available on a Saturday and sunday. surprised the bars that have no sussed this out because at the end of the day this is their livelihood during the winter months.

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 18:17:12 PM »
plus  Summer /Autumn  Jack

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 18:24:02 PM »
Sunday and the rest of the week days ok ( Sky )   just Saturdays affected... but I  cant see that if its through the internet in the future the picture quality wont be good.. We have in our apartment  the top speed ... and when I  have watched  football on `Sky Go`  the quality has ranged from unwatchable to  just about acceptable... so if its internet based in the bars... they cant have a faster speed than mine .. so I  see disappointments ahea in the bars :-(

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 20:16:59 PM »
Sleuth, I'm sorry but you don't know what you are talking about. Myself, most of the bars and hundreds of expats here have enjoyed great (non buffering) football coverage on Al Jazera through a TV service called NTV which comes from Northern Cyprus. This provider has recently informed us that AJ has rebranded itself as beIN, which still provides us with 10 Chanel's of mostly live football.

In other words, nothing has changed.

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 22:17:23 PM »
Rimms thats great news then :-)    I am in the UK at the moment until Feb  ... I am only relating what someone posted on another turkish forum who is clearly mis informing people

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf