Author Topic: E Visa update  (Read 7240 times)

Offline Menthol

Re: E Visa update
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 17:08:47 PM »
Can everyone make sure they direct themselves and their family/friends to the OFFICIAL website to purchase eVisas.

It is this one

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/apply/

Google search often brings up eVisa hosting sites that add a substantial charge to the purchase of your visa.

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 19:11:37 PM »
Thanks for that, my daughter is coming out in April, I'll pass on the link.

DonM

Offline jsp51

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 09:58:16 AM »
Bought Visas for this year off the web site on Tuesday. They showed on my card statement at £12.33 each including all charges etc.

May be a couple of pounds more than the old stamps, but it only took 5 minutes and beats queuing at Dalaman for sure.

Ian
Ah but the queue now just moves from the visa man to the passport man, so no change really except just a bigger queue for resident holders to stand in who previously were gone by the time visas were issued.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 13:05:38 PM »
Maybe we should suggest to Dalaman/Antalya airport officials that they have a window for us Residency Permit holders *feeling important*. We could be through in next to no time!  :D

Offline IanK

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2014, 13:10:48 PM »
I've heard that there will be a new VIP lane - for just TL50 you get fast track service and a bottle of water.  ;)

Ian

Offline Menthol

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2014, 13:15:34 PM »
 :D

That's probably not a million miles away from the truth!

Slightly off topic - I've stopped paying the £10 per person for Priority Check-in - the queue for Priority the last 2 times I have flown was the longest of all the check-ins .... hmmm.

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2014, 18:16:01 PM »

Just received this e mail from Travel Republic.

"Please be aware of some important changes to the visa application to Turkey.

Implementation of a new e-visa process for Turkey, as advised by the Turkish Consulate that the stamp / sticker visa on arrival will be abolished from 10th April 2014 and will be completely replaced by the e-visa application process.

All visitors to Turkey from 11th April 2014 will be required to purchase their entry visa via the Turkish Government website www.evisa.gov.tr prior to travel.

In accordance with the new Law on Foreigners, the practice of obtaining visas upon arrival to points of entry to Turkey will begin to come to an end as of 11 April 2014. However, border authorities will maintain existing procedures for a certain transitional period, to include the 2014 tourism season.

Fees for e-Visas obtained via the e-Visa website (www.evisa.gov.tr) will be lower than the fees for visas obtained upon arrival to Turkish airports. Information regarding visa fees can be found on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (http://www.mfa.gov.tr/data/KONSOLOSLUK/vize-harc-miktarlari-en.pdf).

Currently the price for the e-visa is $20 per person, where at the airport on arrival £20 per person.

Best Regards
Travel Republic"

Offline DianaJ

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 18:23:37 PM »
Just read on mail online date  has now been extended to 2015

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2014, 19:10:44 PM »

Yes it has been extended, will still be E visa from April 11th, just depends on whether you want to pay $20 online or £20 at the airport.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2014, 21:50:48 PM »
There were no issues with my mum and daughter's eVisas at Antalya yesterday.

Took less than 5 mins to get through passport control. Well impressed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf