Author Topic: smart tv,s  (Read 6832 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

smart tv,s
« on: February 14, 2014, 10:26:31 AM »
Hello
Does anyone know about smart tv,s for no so smart me please?
My modem is one side of room and the tv will go the other, so can it use wifi, i,m assuming it needs wifi.

What can I do/on a smart tv.
Do you think I would be better getting an ordinary hdmi telly n getting an iptv system to get uk channels.
Thanks
Bernie

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Re: smart tv,s
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 12:44:59 PM »
To utilise a Smart TV you need a regular, reliable reasonable speed internet connection, without 1 of them you're not wasting your money but can do better. What exactly are you wanting to watch?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 12:49:10 PM »
My Smart TV is so smart it switches off when Citizen Khan and Miranda come on

Offline IanK

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 13:04:59 PM »
Silkmrs,

to answer your specific question, most (but maybe not all) smart TVs have wifi and cable connections for internet.

We (in the UK) have a Samsung and can watch streamed content fine over the wifi. We even watch HD movies  from Wuaki.tv using the wifi.

But, we have reliable internet, so as Supercabby says it will depend on your internet connection rather than the wifi.

Ian

Offline tuzlachap

• AWAY TOO MUCH!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 13:07:51 PM »
We too have just had a Samsung Smart TV installed and watch Filmon stuff every evening. My only regret is that I cannot use my VPN to watch BBC or ITV iPlayer programmes as it won't work with this television set.

TC   :)  :)

Offline strange

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 14:12:36 PM »
The "My Smart TV is so smart it switches off when Citizen Khan and Miranda come on" is exactly the kind of quote we are going to miss from you on a regular basis.

Offline ECHOSTAR

• Uk and Sky Tv no Problem
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 15:10:55 PM »
We too have just had a Samsung Smart TV installed and watch Filmon stuff every evening. My only regret is that I cannot use my VPN to watch BBC or ITV iPlayer programmes as it won't work with this television set.

TC     :)    :)

There is a company i use called vpn uk they supply a service called called smart dns with this you do not need a vpn and  they are testing this at this moment might be worth a look as i dont have or need a smart tv so i have not played around with this

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 16:44:33 PM »
Lol scunner,I am not sure how reliable the internet is here in Ovacik. It appears ok,but it,s only day 2.
I watch various uk series across sky n digital tv. If I can do that with an iptv system,and a cheaper tv, i,ll be happy. New series of game thrones 4th April.
Don,t know what a vpn is..sorry.

Offline thebillet

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 17:11:45 PM »
We have a smart Tv in Turkey. It works very well, the wifi is good but the satellite connection is outstanding although the programme quality is the reverse. I also like the fact that it recognises my hard drive very quickly and will play files easily. I used Gold computers in Fethiye as they seemed to have the best prices. They have a web site so you can compare prices with the others in town.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 18:23:02 PM »
Gold computers for a tv? Where are they situated will give them a look up. Was looking at teknosa, as I was told they have offers on every weekend, but they don,t appear to be any cheaper on their website.
Thanks for feedback everyone

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf