Author Topic: Istanbul restaurant  (Read 6480 times)

Offline fishman

• Newly Registered
Re: Istanbul restaurant
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 18:00:39 PM »
Sorry can't seemed to find on Facebook and is the music on every Saturday would like to book for next week thanks

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 21:37:24 PM »
We had a fabulous night there.  Transfer, food and Engin's boundless energy topped off by Nat & Yil an amazing sax player and Yil's voice is great. I phoned to book from UK number was engaged but Engin rang me back a few minutes later.

Great night and at 40 lira a real steal.

8) :-*

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2014, 22:16:50 PM »
Sorry can't seemed to find on Facebook and is the music on every Saturday would like to book for next week thanks
Nat & Yil perform every sat.
 Booking details are on another Istanbul thread

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2014, 05:08:15 AM »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2014, 08:15:09 AM »
We had a fabulous night there.  Transfer, food and Engin's boundless energy topped off by Nat & Yil an amazing sax player and Yil's voice is great. I phoned to book from UK number was engaged but Engin rang me back a few minutes later.

Great night and at 40 lira a real steal.

8) :-*

Yil is the sax player and Nat (who is a lovely Russian lady) is the singer.  We bought a C.D. last year and this year they are just waiting for the new ones to arrive.
I would also recommend a lunch trip (if you have transport or can catch a dolmus).  It's also possible to spend the day there as they have a pool.  The lunch is lovely and I have never tasted such good bread (a whole small loaf) that they give you as a starter with garlic butter goats cheese and olives.  The bread is baked in their own kitchens.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2014, 13:49:43 PM »
A group of us went up last night and it was a great night..Engine and his staff pull out all the stops to make sure that everyone enjoys themselves. 145 people there last night... No idea how they managed to cope with all the cooking but they did.. Lots of buses were arranged so that no one was waiting too long to get back....
We bumped into Rimms and Chris up there and again at the market.. I think they are stalking us.!   

Offline busybee

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2014, 15:54:11 PM »
If you havent been to the Istanbul, you don't know what your missing.  Food, service, entertainment and transport, second to none.  A superb nite with our friends and family, don't think we can top it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf