Author Topic: No sunbeds  (Read 3340 times)

Offline Gilly1

• Gillian Grundy
No sunbeds
« on: June 24, 2014, 19:41:11 PM »
Im really concerned after hearing that all the sunbeds and umbrellas have been removed from the beach and the public toilets locked. This is really bad news for the businesses down there as I am sure this will put people off visiting the beach. Does anybody know if this is a permanent measure or just while the new owners sort themselves out? We love staying on the beach all day but will go elsewhere if there are no facilities.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: No sunbeds
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 20:15:05 PM »
We were at Oludeniz a few weeks ago, there were very few people on the beach and frankly it was not clean. We stood and looked at all the rubbish and also all the cigarette ends it was horrible.   I think most people use the Lagoon Beaches which are looked after and the water is safer to swim in there.

Offline col-anna

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 09:09:13 AM »
Hi Gilly1, Can you please clarify for me that this is the main beach in Olu Deniz, we are due out tomorrow and enjoy spending time on the beach. When you mention new owners is this a privately owned beach, I always thought that it was run by the local council/authority! Thanks, Colin.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 09:16:51 AM »
O.K. Nichola has already posted about this situation.
This is the link for you to read
http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=55668.0;topicseen

Offline patrice

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 11:12:20 AM »
Gilly1 - You can do a search online Olu Deniz webcam and you will reassured that there are  plenty of beds on the beach at a cost . Entrance is charged when you use the beaches at the Lagoon.
Enjoy your holiday  8)   ;)

Offline Gilly1

• Gillian Grundy
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 11:56:16 AM »
Patrice, I was responding to Nicholas post as kindly pointed out above by jaqui Harvey. Has anyone actually been down on the beach in the past couple of days to confirm one way or the other. It is difficult to see off the webcam. There are certainly nowhere near the amount of beds and brollys that are usually there.

Offline col-anna

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 11:58:58 AM »
Thank you for that link Jacqui, I did actually look at the local webcams this morning and you could see sunbeds/brollies on the beach!

Offline col-anna

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 22:08:57 PM »
Just got back from OluDeniz, a new company has taken over the running of the beach area. Toilets open again and more sunbeds than ever before.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf