Author Topic: No Regrets.  (Read 4838 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

No Regrets.
« on: August 20, 2014, 22:33:08 PM »

Hiya, just wanted to say a Big Fat Thank you to you all for the advice prior to me coming here and whilst I have been here You have kept my morale up, and laughed along with all my little dramas along the way, and sometimes we even got some serious questions answered.
So its not with any regrets when I say we are returning to Uk as soon as we can get a sale on the apartment.
After much soul searching and after discussing it with our girls we think its the best decision for us. The best part is that now we have made a decision it feels like a weight has been lifted. Started applying for jobs and arranging removals, hopefully by end of season it will be off our hands and we can return. We have had a great time,(but this wasnt it)..no seriously we are so glad to have had the experienceand met some delightful peeople along the way.. So thanks again all,it,s appreciated.

Ps its a  furnished 3 bed,4 bath reverse duplex with shared pool in Ovacik..just ask cenk!  ;D

Offline LeeGlo

Re: No Regrets.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 06:54:40 AM »
So sorry that you are going, but at least you can say you gave it a go, and that you enjoyed "most" of the experience.  Turkey isn't for everyone, there are lots of niggles even without a property to worry about.

Keep us updated on your sale and move. I'm sure everyone on CBF will want to keep in touch with you.
I wish you all the best for a quick sale. Glo

Offline retiredandlovingit

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 07:27:03 AM »
Sorry you are going,  but at least you gave it your best shot. I wish you all the very best for the future.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 07:41:23 AM »
I wish you both all the best and hope you settle well back in the U.K. and get your place in Ovacik sold.
 I also hope you will still want to come back for holidays and will keep in touch with us all and let us know how things are going.
Good luck with everything.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 07:47:54 AM »
Good luck Bernie.  Now that the decision is made I hope everything runs smoothly for you

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 08:56:23 AM »
A short experience it may have been, but one that will change your outlook every day forever - no matter where you end up. Look at me, through living in Turkey I've far more experience to draw on, far more positive about the UK, far more compassionate, funny and perhaps even better looking  ;)

Offline patrice

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 09:02:05 AM »
All the best Slikmrs now that you have made your decision you can move forward with peace of mind.

Offline sadler

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 09:18:27 AM »
Best wishes Slikmrs and I wish you and yours everything you all wish for yourselves.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 09:45:19 AM »
Here here all the same wishes to you as the other members, really hope you get to sell your property swiftly Bernie...At least you can say you did it and there will not be any wondering what ifs when you return to the UK...

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 09:57:13 AM »
So the decision is made, and now you and your husband can look forward to the next chapter in your lives.  Thank you for keeping us all entertained with your trials and tribulations, and as already been said pop into let us know how you get on back in Blighty.  I hope you take away some positive memories, and when you have recovered and are settled once again, don't have any regrets that you gave it a go.  Mrs Slik I salute you xx

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf