Author Topic: Sundial  (Read 9593 times)

Offline Robw

Sundial
« on: December 07, 2014, 13:20:23 PM »
I noticed that Murat has moved on from the Sundial, has anyone any knowledge of the new owners?

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Sundial
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 15:25:34 PM »

Offline bbates

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 00:30:22 AM »
As a tourist and not a resident however having spent over 6 weeks a year for the past 5 years holidaying in Calis and Fethiye I've dined at the Sundial on several occasions, Murat altho a little eccentric has always been the perfect host, the food always of a high standard at a price not usually associated with a venue situated in such a prominent awe inspiring beautiful location. Collecting us from our Villa in Calis and returning us home safely at the end of the night. I've always said that the location especially as a wedding venue hasn't been utilised to its full potential, we have friends who have married there and have been very happy but they haven't used the accommodation focusing on the venues outstanding location especially at sunset. The geographical location hinders its development into a 3,4 or 5 star accommodation . Another favourite of ours is the Olive Garden in Kabak, fabulous location great food but people are happy to holiday there in wooden sheds. It's horses for courses I think. 5 star and concrete or outstanding views and a little sacrifice with the creature comforts, I know where I prefer

Offline Di and Barry

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 10:13:38 AM »
A fabulous night at the Sundial with friends. The refurbishment is excellent. It is obvious that so much thought, money, time and effort has gone into bringing this wonderful venue up to date. It really is the jewel in the Fethiye crown now.  Food excellent as expected.  Prices much as before although some new additions to the menu too.  The dearest thing on the menu was a 450gram 21 day matured steak was 90YTL but when you think you are talking about almost half a kilo of top quality steak, that seems very reasonable. ;-)   but if that is not for you there are plenty of other options. Lovely to see Tufan's smiling face again and to meet the lovely Nadine.  We will be back in September.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 10:57:47 AM »
Incredibly I have never been to the Sundial. Sounds good - I may have to try it. Do they still pick you up? There was a minimum number of people for that - is that still the case? If so how many is it?

Ta!

Offline scorcher

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 11:07:42 AM »
Six as I understand

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 11:11:58 AM »
Ok I need to find two friends.

In Calis.

Hmmm.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2015, 13:32:11 PM »
I asked the same question about the pickups the other day on the Sundial fb page, they said if there are less then 6 they operate. Shuttle service from I think wherever the dolmus stops near to the Sundial if that makes sense,they did tell me which dolmus I would need there were two choices, Tasyaka and another I will look it up and post on here bit later  ;)

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2015, 18:23:12 PM »
I would have thought it was abit of an uphill  walk from the  Tasyaka dolmus..

I asked on Facebook about transfers/pickups for the two of us but didn't get a reply so we didn't go. But maybe we will try again in September.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2015, 19:06:40 PM »
Why does everyone expect to be picked-up by restaurants ? If you can't get there by dolmus, get a taxi !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf