Author Topic: All change at the Sundial  (Read 11227 times)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
All change at the Sundial
« on: December 07, 2014, 13:22:43 PM »
All change at the Sundial, it is under new management next year by the owners of the Sea Breeze Aparthotel, Ovacik.

http://www.turkeysforlife.com/2014/12/sundial-fethiye-closing-new-season.html

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: All change at the Sundial
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 17:28:01 PM »
Just copied and pasted from another forum from someone who will be working there.

"hi guys, I can tell you that the Sundial has been rented out to the owners of Sea Breeze and Oludeniz Beach Weddings. Ezmen tourism.

The restaurant and bar are being made bigger and plans are to open all year round so there will be a warmer area for the winter. Improvements are planned to the toilets and kitchen and grounds and the wedding facilities.

I am working there so I will let you know about the opening. Don't worry, most of the staff are staying - just the usual attrition of end of season staff leaving Fethiye and Erol from the seabreeze will be the lead director overlooking the service and food quality. Come and see me when we are open."

Offline philrose

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 06:46:59 AM »
The Sundial has been open in Winter for the last few years and already has a heated indoor area with a roaring fire the toilets are absolutely fine the outdoor area and pool all got revamped after the mud slide a few years ago.  So I can't see how are these "improvements" are going to achieve anything.
Just saying like....

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 09:39:21 AM »
The Chalets badly need upgrading.  We stayed in one last year as it was our anniversary.   The Chalet was very rundown.  There was a large room with a part kitchen and a settee.  A shower room and a bedroom with a very hard bed.  The whole place was really basic very tatty and old fashioned. There was a cockroach in the bedroom which Phil killed, I know this can happen anywhere, but I worried there could be other cockroaches in the place.
We were charged £50.00 for one night.  For this sort of accommodation we really felt this was a rip off.

Offline philrose

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 10:22:34 AM »
As far as I know it's only the restaurant part that's being sold/leased with Murat holding on to the accommodation side...

Offline scorcher

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 10:33:21 AM »
Oh good - JH will be able to continue the posts about the unfortunate anniversary overnight at £50.00 a pop.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 13:01:25 PM »
Why am I thinking Saga Holidays ?  ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 13:47:02 PM »
Such a shame that the Chalets are not being taken over.  It is a lovely spot for a Wedding, but there would be no way I would want guests to stay in the present accommodation. 
I realise that you have a good relationship with the owner Scorcher,  but I will feel free to tell anyone at any time about the overpriced dare I say rip off accommodation.
We also found the food O.K. nothing special and the staff and owner totally bland and unfriendly.   So we may be tempted to go for a meal if it is under new management will wait for the reviews.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 14:54:06 PM »
Murat bland???   Bet anyone who knows him would never describe him as bland.... sorry Jacqui.. This made me laugh....

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 15:10:31 PM »
Definitely NOT how I'd describe him either. Perhaps he was just overwhelmed by your majestyness ?  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf