Author Topic: Dressmaking Material  (Read 2517 times)

Offline Pussinboots

Dressmaking Material
« on: April 28, 2015, 10:44:24 AM »
Can some kind soul point me in the right direction to buy either in Calis or Fethiye. Am going to try the Dressmaker in Calis as the choice of clothes here in the UK is diabolical.

Ta !!  ;D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Dressmaking Material
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 13:05:56 PM »
Take your material with you, as the choice in the shops is a bit frantic and a lot of it is man made, so will make you sweat.
The dressmaker I use is very good,  I have had dresses, trousers etc., shortened and also a lining added to a dress.  I have not had anything made but last time I was in, a German lady had had a dress made and it was lovely.  Just take a picture in of what you want and the ladies will copy it for you.
Directions:-   Walk up the Main Street away from the bridge, keep right and walk right up to the traffic lights and turn right.  Walk along there is a Barber Shop down a flight of stairs and next to it you will see a lot of dummies with dresses on them, just go down the flight of stairs after the dummies and you are in the dressmaker's she has a room for you to change, her selection of materials is in there too, but IMHO bring your own. She speaks some English and it is easy to explain things to her. 

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 15:18:42 PM »
She did a fabulous job of copying a dress for me too

Offline devindazzle

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 10:04:28 AM »
Agree "loves tailor" is excellent, and weve had tonnes of stuff made from her or altered over the years.  She did get more expensive (first time we used her she charged just 30lira for a dress made from her fabrics now she charges 50/55lira) but still an excellent price that you would not be able to get the same service in the uk for that price.  I would say if you wanted something making best to go to the beginning of your holiday as the last few times we tried her she was stating 5days-week for things to be made.  Her English is basic however often in the summer her son (who lived in Watford) is there for translating.

We have also used one of the tailors around the Duck Pond and they were very good for alterations.  Cheaper than loves. Little to no English spoken though.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 19:50:19 PM »
i have had loads made by this ladies as a am on the large size and they are always a good fit

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf