Author Topic: internet speed problem?  (Read 3089 times)

Offline Jack13

internet speed problem?
« on: May 12, 2015, 09:08:35 AM »
is anyone else having problems with internet speed on finet. I know their are a few people who got this system when volkan was in vojos. recently our speed in the morning has been quite reliable but at 6 or 7 at night it drops dramatically and does not get much better until midnight when its time for bed. spoke to them this morning and they said they are waiting on aydem!!!! to put a cable up on the hill at the back of lapis residence.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Re: internet speed problem?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 13:42:03 PM »
I can't even get hold of them to come & install...

Offline Ian_and_Sian

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 15:49:44 PM »
I was about to start a new topic asking this but here is just as relevant. We've currently got a VINN dongle through Turkcell but was thinking about transferring over to the Finet system as when I'm next out in July, I'm bringing a PS3 with me with Netflix installed so the unlimited data would be ideal.

Sounds like it might be worth me holding off for a while though if there are issues at the moment. However, my question was about the installation of the Finet system - I've been unable to find confirmation on whether there is a cost to install prior to the monthly charge. Can anyone enlighten me?

PS: Jack13, do I take it you are on (or at least very near) Lapis? That's where we are, in fact my extremely better half is over there as I type!

Offline Jack13

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 20:28:35 PM »
straight across the canal.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
internet speed problem?
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 06:20:19 AM »
Just had fi net installed.
150tl for the router, which is now ours
100tl for the dish ( which always remains their property )

Really pleased with it so far, 3 of the lovelies lads came to fit it ( you'll need the help of a Turkish speaker)
they turned up randomly at 7pm, (only 9 days after their original appointment when they turned up 4 hours late and we were out! )

Signal issues depend on where you live, but plans for new masts.
Our signal was pretty good, so we've opted for the 30tl a month deal, but might change to the 40tl speed next month so we get fastest possible, if we have any glitches.
Have had a little bit of buffering but nothing like we did with ttnet.

Cancelling ttnet was a very happy moment    :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf