Author Topic: The new sundial  (Read 5829 times)

Offline milliemars

Re: The new sundial
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2015, 15:28:12 PM »
There does seem to be a good few favorable posts on Facebook. Might be an idea to try and yourself and form your own opinions.

Offline Jasonorris

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2015, 16:11:23 PM »
Thanks,  it actually looks nice up on the terrace on their Facebook photos.

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2015, 13:29:46 PM »
I love the sundial the improvements are second to none,okay its a bit pricey but you only get what you pay for the service and food was excellent and views to die for.Went up there the other evening starters main meal,deserts,all drinks including imported spirits for five people was one hundred and twenty six pounds not dear for five star food and service.Thats about twenty five pound ahead.

Offline kawasakikid

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2015, 20:29:55 PM »
Which works out at 100tl per head.

I don't suppose there were many locals there?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2015, 20:49:46 PM »
Are all the Turkish people in Fethiye really poor then

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2015, 21:18:09 PM »
Friends on our complex have just returned from an evening there tonight
They all said they had a fabulous meal, agreed it  was a bit more expensive than the norm but said the pick up and drop off service more than made up for it

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2015, 19:33:38 PM »
We returned from a two week break staying in our apartment in Karagozler...and we are lucky enough to have fabulous views over the harbour and Fethiye bay from our balcony so maybe we are a bit spoilt. We have been to Sundial a few times and had an ok time. Not amazing but not awful either.

On our last night this time we went to our favourite Iskele restaurant by the harbour and we had - balloon bread with Esme, Shepherd's  cheese, and homemade garlic butter. Followed by grilled calamari. Then there eir fab chicken shish for me  and Hubby had lamb shish and Adana kebab combo with bulgar wheat  grilled pepper and tomato and salad. Then a complimentary fruit plate. Then amazing halva was offered which could not be refused. All was washed down with 2 gin and tonics to start then a bottle of Majestic red wine followed and finished off with a Cointreau and a brandy total cost for both of us £36! Bargain!!!

Sorry but I can't imagine us venturing up to Sundial for a 90 lira beef chop!

Offline Lotty

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2015, 20:37:07 PM »
Agree Jo b. We've never been that impressed with the Sundial either. We once had an apartment in Karagozler overlooking the bay too and for us anyway that view cannot be beaten by any other. We would watch the turtles rolling about in the bay most mornings and experiencied all types of weather over the water especially storms which were sometimes really scary but fascinating. We also loved to eat at Iskele restaurant. It's still as good today as ever, we were there last week with friends. Service is impeccable. We definitely prefer it any day to the Sundial. :D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2015, 20:53:45 PM »
We also were not impressed with the Sundial.  I think the members who enjoy it are the ones that go for the day to the pool and sunbath and have lunch there. 
For us it was not what we expected, yes the views are lovely, but the eating and staying over experience was a great disappointment. 
I would say that going over to the Ada on Sovalye Island would be the place we would choose for a special night out.  Firstly the trip on the boat over, the very excellent food and wonderful services and the fabulous views made the Sundial very ordinary to us.... In fact, if choosing for a local restaurant, we would pick the Kings Garden, lovely views, great food, really nice staff and they will pick you up, no matter if you are just 2 people or 12. They offer the same great service. We were surprised that they picked us up for Sunday Lunch and took us back, great deal...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf