Author Topic: Georges in Calis  (Read 10327 times)

Offline Lotty

Re: Georges in Calis
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2015, 20:52:16 PM »
Oh yes your majesty! Ha-haha  ;D

Offline Madbaz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2015, 08:10:29 AM »
Ok  you folks were right  tried Georges ,  fantastic meal great service  , one of the best

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2015, 21:04:29 PM »
We've been this evening and I tried the famous Chicken Topkapi.  Thanks for the recommendation Jacqui,  it was very nice. 

Dare I say it was out-performed by my OH's Filet Mignon - now that was superb!! 
Both dishes were well presented with fresh veg (and the obligatory rice "boob"  ;)  )  Both very tasty.  No complaints here.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2015, 11:03:16 AM »
Well Iam sorry toiss on everyone's chips but we tried this second rate establishment last night and were really disappointed.Service was terrible,after inviting us in to a table they then promptly ignored us for 10 minutes.Can we order drinks please,ten minutes,can we have a menu please ,ten minutes and then an apology that they were very busy catering for a birthday dinner at a large table in the middle.After an age he took our orders,sorry no roast chicken,sorry no chateau briand etc this went on for a while until he could tell us what he actually had as opposed to what was on the menu!Succesfully ordered we sat and waited 20 mins before he came back and told us they didn't have what was ordered so we opted for Calamari,2 came together and were cooked well,the 3rd we had to ask for and it was sent back as undercooked.By this point I was ready to leave so spoke to the head waiter,told him we weren't happy with the service or problems with the menu,it went straight over his head.When mains came they were okay.Didnt order desert as just wanted to leave,no free coffee or cay offered or accepted no tip given I would not recommend to anyone when there are much better places for food and service

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2015, 12:40:01 PM »
Sorry you had a bad experience Steve, in 10 years we have never had one.  There is no Head Waiter..  Just the owner's son's and Yusef.
I will speak to them and ask what the problem was. 
I have met two members from the Forum in Georges. One said he thought this was the best place in Calis the other said the meal was fab. 
I suppose you can get a bad night.
I just showed this to Phil, who is amazed and asked are you sure you got the right place??  he always wondered who the Head Waiter was. 

Offline Madbaz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2015, 12:51:44 PM »
I agree jacqui  have eaten twice now  both excellent , must have just been a bad night maybe

Offline Steve A

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2015, 14:38:09 PM »
Yes I got the right place,I know he was the head waiter as I asked for him and he confirmed he was in fact the head waiter by saying "Iam the head waiter can I help you?" A bad night maybe ,but looked to me that they were spending all of their efforts on the large Birthday table to the detriment of other customers using th e explanation that they were busier than expected.It wasn't full either so my view is that you must be able to deal with a capacity crowd with no dip in standards.Sorry not for us

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2015, 15:46:14 PM »
We were there two days ago and met a new member of this Forum, who said it was his favourite place in Calis. He said it was the fall back place for good food.  We agreed.  The place was full as usual and we still got good service as we always do.
I will speak to Savas, the owner's son and let him see your post.   It is so unlike George's that I am shocked.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2015, 20:45:31 PM »
No need to bother on our account Jacqui we are home tonight,not returning until May

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2015, 20:48:37 PM »
We used George's a lot when we lived over there, mainly because George himself was/is a lovely guy and a good friend. I would say it is a good restaurant - unremarkable, but good.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf