Author Topic: Surely not!!  (Read 7308 times)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Surely not!!
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 09:40:49 AM »

elaina,  would you say you are a very nice person.?.....

Offline wickwilly

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2015, 13:16:59 PM »
I am not condoning violence in any shape but I just wonder how I would have reacted to the person who smashed up my property to the value of 20000 Pounds.
WW

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2015, 14:18:05 PM »
Surely as he hadn't been paid, the items were technically his - so he smashed up his own property.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2015, 16:27:40 PM »
Ah the land of the mıdnıght sun where the sun shınes 24/7 and mılk flows along the mountaın streams and honey drıps from the trees .... almost as good as Brum, the city that never wakes up and is a little piece of Switzerland cut into the Warwickshire Wolds... well this is what my Brum mates say anyway.

Back to Uzumlu, word reaches me that the quiz is back??

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2015, 16:31:19 PM »
There was a very good quiz night on Wednesday evening UBT  8)

Offline elaina

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 19:10:22 PM »
Kevin3 - whoever you are- I don't think I have had the pleasure of meeting you. In answer to your question, I was a very nice person, that is, until I was ripped off for £100,000 by a Turk in Uzumlu. Needless to say after 8 long years pursuing justice through the Turkish court I finally got my tapu at considerable cost to myself.  Needless to say I immediately put the place on the market because I absolutely hate the place. My family have said that they never want to go there so what is the point of keeping it. Thankfully the so and so that ripped me off got his  just desserts and has now met his maker - they say that God pays debts without money and he did - divine retribution so to speak. But alas it has done me no good because I m still owed a substantial sum of money. Needless to sy it has left a very bitter taste in my mouth. I have always done what I consider to be the right thing by the others on the complex - I have paid all insurance, maintenance, etc, etc despite having no tapu and not being legally required to do so. Have I ever felt like taking the law into my own hands- well yes, I guess so -but what good would it have done me had I stabbed the individual with a screwdriver. I would have lost my job working for the UK Government, I would have lost my home, my family and my freedom. And I would have been looking at 10 years + in a turkish prison. All I say is. I know the law is a bit of an ass, but we must let the judicial process take its slow course -8 years in My case in Turkey and needless to say sometimes I did become a little impatient. Did I take it out on my family and those closest to me - yes I did. Am I sorry for it - yes I am. But at the end of the day I did not take the law into my own hands and never once did I venture within 100 yards of the individual' s restaurant.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2015, 23:24:47 PM »

So why did you name and shame two people who have apparently done nothing wrong in Uzumlu, Turkey.?....

Offline elaina

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2015, 01:44:20 AM »
so what you mean is it is ok to break the law here in the UK so long as you don't do it in Uzumlu. Fine, I apologise I did not realise that but I will remember that for the future..
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 01:58:12 AM by elaina »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf