Author Topic: Meeting Point losing its touch?  (Read 6999 times)

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
Meeting Point losing its touch?
« on: September 16, 2015, 08:59:26 AM »
It's not often we get a bad review of the above restaurant,but here goes.
A group of us called in the other night and all the blokes decided on the T Bone steak. What a big disappointment . The steak was indeed a T BONE, but it had only the sirloin attached. The fillet on the other side had been removed and a piece of steak that was NOT fillet had been laid aside the bone. We haven't used this place as much as we used to do,as we have found better places to eat over the years.just have to say that we will be eating here even less after this attempt at a steak. Just to add, the best place to eat steak is just across the road at Dawn Beach where they have a 3 course meal including a "REAL FILLET STEAK" for just 40 TL.

Offline spo6666

• Paul
Re: Meeting Point losing its touch?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 14:18:36 PM »
Wow. We eat at the meeting point a lot and have never had a problem, but I will check it out again in October  :(

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 15:50:10 PM »
Eaten there twice since we have been over, both meals and service spot on... We actually booked a table the last time as the place is packed every night and just as well we did as people turning up at the door were asked to come back in 20 minutes etc.,
Did not have steak, think we had lamb and chicken last meals, but they were lovely.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 15:57:58 PM »
Eaten there twice since we have been over, both meals and service spot on... We actually booked a table the last time as the place is packed every night and just as well we did as people turning up at the door were asked to come back in 20 minutes

Jaquie I was talkin about a particular meal. The rest of my meals have been good,but anyone ordering a T bone should take my comments into consideration to avoid disappointment .

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 17:38:33 PM »
That's very sly, cutting off the fillet and replacing it with another cut of meat. I'd be grossly disappointed too if that happened to me. That takes away  the pleasure of ordering a T Bone if you get ripped off.  :o

Offline GlennB

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 22:59:03 PM »
Did you not point it out to Ahmet? I've always found him to be very straight, if there was a problem I'm sure he would have sorted it out straight away, I like my steak twitching on the plate, when he saw mine was over cooked he took it away and changed it.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 07:39:49 AM »
No we didn't,perhaps we should have,but as usual he was darting about like the preveriable you know what, and the steak was edible,so didn't take it any further. I posted just so other people will know what to expect if they order a T Bone. It's ironic really as in previous visits when I have visited and asked for T Bone, Ahmet has always said "Sorry no T Bone we have Fillet Steak only. Perhaps he should now say " Yes we have T Bone with no fillet"  :D

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 18:59:07 PM »
To be honest I have never understood why this place is rated so highly, we tried it three times last season two meals were ok, the third time I had a fillet steak on the recommendation of a friend I like my steak medium to well done, it came cooked ok but when I cut it the chef had butterflied it to cook it then folded it back over.
is it only me who gets tired of hearing ohhllaa all night

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 18:29:00 PM »
Went to The Meeting Point last week and were very dissapointed as were the two tables at either side of us... will not go again and we have been loads of times...

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 19:41:02 PM »
We went on our last week.  We were seated at a table very close to the table next to us.  The table in the middle of the restaurant had two ladieswho were chain smoking. The table next to them had  two couples who just got their meal.  The two ladies next to them smoked the whole time the people where eating.  I could see the two couples did not like this as they kept looking at the ladies and talking between themselves, as soon as they finished the meal they got up and left without ordering anything else.  Ahmet then can over to us and asked us to move, as a group of 12 people in the back wanted to come out. However ,the table we were  suppose to go to was taken by two walk-ins.  Ahmet was a bag of nerves and told us to stay put.
He and the staff then moved two tables right next to us, almost touching.  We received our meal and the people for the tables all came out.  They were all Scottish, no problem we thought.  However, every other word out of their mouths was an "F" word.  We heard an interesting conversation about  F" ing sand blasting.  Then they all lit up cigarettes, no ashtrays, no problem the ash was knocked on the floor.
I was getting very nervous as Phil was annoyed and I asked him not to say anything as there was a lot of them. I did not enjoy the meal at all.  We finished our meal and left no more drinks and no dessert and we did not go back.
It is a not Ahmet's fault that people cannot stop swearing, but surely they should not be smoking right in the restaurant when people are eating.  It seems he considers the smokers more than the people eating.
Phil was a smoker up until a few years ago, but he always picked an outside seat in a restaurant and would not smoke if the table next to us were eating.
I am sorry to say, we would think twice now about going back and we really used to like this place.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf