Author Topic: Plate clearing problem  (Read 6137 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Plate clearing problem
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2015, 14:36:58 PM »
My pet hate is still the people who insist on smoking on the table next to us whilst we are eating our meal and they have either not started or finished there's.

Saw a lovely lady actually go out of the Nil to go sit on the wall and have her fix.

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2015, 14:53:11 PM »
What annoys me is they hand me my food but haven't bothered to check first whether I have the free toy they have put in box. Not happy at all

Offline madmart

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2015, 16:18:16 PM »
My pet hate is still the people who insist on smoking on the table next to us whilst we are eating our meal and they have either not started or finished there's.

Saw a lovely lady actually go out of the Nil to go sit on the wall and have her fix.
If the people on the other table were there before you, why did you not ask to sit somewhere else?

By the way I am an ex smoker.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2015, 17:52:36 PM »
Perhaps they were not smoking when Stoop sat down?  We were in the Nil last week and sat next to a couple who were eatiing their dinner.  We ordered ours and eventually when we got our dinner the couple lit up a couple of cigarettes.  There were not a lot of tables free and I looked across and saw and empty one, but the couple next to that were also smoking.  I know that smoking is not allowed inside and this was inside.
Phil was a smoker and when we used to go into Calis to eat he would not smoke unless we got an outside table and he was sitting right away from any other diners as he always said he would hate to smoke as someone ate their meal.   

Offline madmart

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2015, 18:24:20 PM »
I tend to work on the thery that if there are ashtrays on the table, they could well end up being used by a smoker.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2015, 20:48:03 PM »
There are always ashtrays on all tables, so that theory is knocked on the head. 
This means, you could not sit at any table in any restaurant in case someone used an ashtray.
We often find the waiter asking do we need the ashtray, we say no, and he take it away.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2015, 11:03:54 AM »
They arrived after we did and it was a Turkish night so there were no other tables.

I nearly said something but decided to move next to Maggie rather than cause a fuss.

Funnily enough he put his fag down by his side so that the smoke didn't go over his friends but unfortunately for us it was at our side.

It's just inconsiderate but it's what I've come to expect from SOME smokers.

Offline Christie

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2015, 14:36:47 PM »
People smoking whilst we are trying to enjoy a meal is our absolute pet hate.  When restaurants are busy you don't have the choice of moving away.  We ordered our meal in the Meeting Point, but unfortunately as soon as it arrived the people on the next table - who had not been smoking as they were eating their meal - all lit up.  some consideration for the people on the next table (at least whilst eating their meal) would have been nice.  Fortunately in all of the other restaurants we have managed to avoid this.   When it does occur and there is a chance to move away from the smokers we always do so.   

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2015, 16:55:32 PM »

Another option is to tell the owner / manager if he cannot find you a smoke free area to eat your meal you are walking out. !     ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2015, 17:02:12 PM »
Always amazes me that the Restaurant Owner allow smoking inside when they have signs up saying "No Smoking" 
We were in Georges last week and a party of about 10 people all took turns to go over to the sea wall and have a smoke, which, we thought was really considerate of them. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf