Author Topic: Meeting Point  (Read 10777 times)

Offline Christie

Re: Meeting Point
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 13:57:47 PM »
Must admit we often have the steak at Meeting Point and have enjoyed it - perhaps they were having an off night.  We did try Dawn Beach for a steak - but the evening was ruined and cut short as a rugby match started and apparently that required loads of tv screens and even more horrendously loud speakers.   We cut the evening short and legged it and haven't been back since.   

Offline marina

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2016, 14:24:11 PM »
We do go to the Dawn Beach quite often usually to have a few drinks and watch the rugby.  It's a good atmosphere if that's what you want and you are well looked after.  On one of our last evenings there in May we went earlier for a meal.  OH had steak, which is unusual for him, but he said it was one of the best steaks he's ever had! It was delicious, and made me wish I'd had it too!  : :)

We also went to Meeting Point as we've also enjoyed meals there for a few years but, whilst we enjoyed the meal, thought it wasn't quite as good as last year but put it down to early season and our memories playing tricks.   

I certainly wouldn't have liked the dog being served my leftovers straight from the table in front of me.   :o

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2016, 16:05:42 PM »
i complained a couple of times in june when we were over the fillet steak had no taste,and anther meal chix curry the chix was just inedible.this is the way you lose custom and will give it a miss when we are over in sept.there may be a good reason change of chef ,cheap cuts of meat, to save on the lack of customers.   

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2016, 18:21:38 PM »
He has reasons to be on his mobile, something he explained to us. 

It is not acceptable to be constantly on the phone in the restaurant especially if it is concerning business "elsewhere". If it was concerning a private issues then Ahmet should have taking in outwith the restauant.

Offline marina

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2016, 19:21:05 PM »
Absolutely agree Highlander. It's bad enough when other diners are constantly on their phones in a restaurant, but for someone in Ahmet's position it is wrong on all counts.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2016, 19:36:46 PM »
Inattentive staff are a pet hate of mine, although when in Turkey I usually find an extremely loud "BAKAR MISINIZ" get their attention - if I'm feeling less friendly towards them the "IZ" gets dropped  :)

JF

Offline marina

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2016, 19:39:19 PM »
I'll look that one up John    ;)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2016, 19:54:21 PM »
Last time we went in there, which was 2 years ago, the steak  was tough, then we were moved up to accommodate friends of customers already in there, and ended up hardly able to move,never been in since,

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2016, 20:17:31 PM »
Don't remember having a bad meal in The Meeting Point and it's constantly high ranking in the vote speaks for itself.

But, and it's perhaps not for me to say but Ahmet needs to be careful not to take his eye of the ball if he is dealing with business matters away from The Meeting Point.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2016, 20:41:05 PM »
I'll look that one up John     ;)

Don't confuse it with "BAKIR MISINIZ"  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf