Author Topic: It's very busy here now  (Read 6458 times)

Offline Lotty

Re: It's very busy here now
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 19:03:36 PM »
You could make a killing there Menthol! 5 star accommodation!   ;)

Offline Lotty

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 19:10:21 PM »
Olu at 9pm - buzzing!

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 20:08:20 PM »
I love Olu when It's buzzing. Always had a soft spot for it since first visiting 30 years ago, when it truly was a corner of paradise

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2016, 20:24:21 PM »
Really enjoying reading these posts. Nice to hear the resorts are busy and hope it's not just for Bayram. The school holidays approaching so hopefully everywhere will be steady the next few months. I'm still promoting   ;)

Offline Jack13

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2016, 22:51:11 PM »
walked down the strip tonight. very busy. nice to see that again. a lot of turks but quite a few holidaymakers. long may it continue.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2016, 23:33:16 PM »
Let's hope they spend their hard earned liras, it won't help the businesses if they don't  :)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2016, 08:08:28 AM »
Yep! It happens every year when it's Bayram....

Exactly.  The fact it's essentially a nine day bayram this year has meant most resorts along the coast are bursting at the seams.  Unfortunately, as any restaurant or bar owner will tell you, Turkish tourists aren't renowned for parting with lots of lira. 

Maybe now the Scottish schools are out and the English schools out shortly the area will get a bit of a boost - I've said it before, this area will not suffer as much as those along coast in both directions.  The high number of "returners" and those who own property in the area will still most likely come, what will be missing is the "first timers" and "cheap sun chasers".  The effect of them being missing will most likely be felt in years to come.

JF

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2016, 08:51:58 AM »
There are complaints  on T.A   saying that Calis is very busy, but there is rubbish lying on the beach and on the road behind the prom. Apparently people may be wild camping on some grassy area.
I hope the rubbish gets cleaned up.  It is not good to see these comments on T.A. It will put people off from visitiing.

These are the two comments.......

Arrived yesterday and it seems much busier than last year. We have been coming four years running now. Also iv noticed so much more litter on seafront than last year and the back road behind prom is awful. Such a shame as a lovely place. Had a nice meal in the lettoon hotel restaurant. Prces seem much the same as last year really effes is 8-10 tl a lrg bottle
-----------------------------------------------------
Yes i guessed it was the turkish holidays. Such a pity about the litter.also do i see people camping wild in the grass car park. ?
------------------------------------------------------

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2016, 09:13:45 AM »
Too busy, too quiet...you can't please some people

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2016, 09:32:10 AM »
Wow I honestly could not believe the beach on Monday it was soooo busy, it was great to see though I did notice a lot of folk were not paying for the sunbeds and brollies ( which have gone up to 7 tl per item) they brought their own brollies and laid on towels, which when I woke from a lovely snooze I had two men plonked down on my left side and an older TUrkish lady with either her teenage daughter/ granddaughter at my feet!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf